Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] NEW AND REQUEST

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      At 04:25 3/07/02, you wrote:

      >Hi everyone,
      >
      >My name is Kate and I am new to the group. I was wondering if anyone
      >know of a link where I could find a portrait/picture/etc of an
      >Italian Renaissance, empire waisted gown with slashed sleeves?
      >
      >Thanks in advance!

      Hi Kate,

      I have a pic on my site that fits your description as far as being a very
      high waisted dress, although the sleeves are not really "slashed" as such,
      but they do have little "windows" from which the camicia puffs nicely. :)

      http://au.geocities.com/bella_lucia_da_verona/VENETIANCOURTESANS.jpg

      There is also a drawing of this style by Durer:

      http://au.geocities.com/bella_lucia_da_verona/VENETIANLADYDurer1495.jpg

    • scarlet_hunter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        Hi everyone,

        My name is Kate and I am new to the group. I was wondering if anyone
        know of a link where I could find a portrait/picture/etc of an
        Italian Renaissance, empire waisted gown with slashed sleeves?

        Thanks in advance!

        Kate
      • lucreziadelbelcoure
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
          --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., scarlet_hunter
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > My name is Kate and I am new to the group. I was wondering if
          anyone
          > know of a link where I could find a portrait/picture/etc of an
          > Italian Renaissance, empire waisted gown with slashed sleeves?
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > Kate
          Kate,
          Try looking at http://gallery.euroweb.hu
          www.artcyclopedia.com
          http://artrenewal.org
          I found examples under Botticelli, Carpaccio, Cossa, Ghirlandaio
          Good Luck,
          Lucrezia
        • scarlet_hunter
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002