Re: striped fabric treatments

  • toragana13
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2004
      Jerusha,

      Wow!!! That's quite a start!

      Thank you,
      Allison

      --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer
      <sfarmer@s...> wrote:
      > I went through my collection and this is what I have that's Italian
      and
      > shows evidence of striping -- whether, appliqued, pieced,
      embroidered
      > or woven .....
      >
      > The Anguissola and the two Moretto images I referred to before, but
      > I included them again in the spirit of completeness.
      >
      > There are a couple of B&W images that I'd love to see color one of
      > if anyone ever happens to run across one.
      >
      > Jerusha
    • Diana Habra
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        Jerusha,

        The lady's website that you got those pictures from is very.....WOW!!
        There are so many pictures and they are all Italian!! That's where I will
        be for a while.

        You can find the listing at:

        http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/SCA/Paintings/

        And have fun!

        Diana Habra
        www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
        "Everything for the Costumer"
      • Susan Farmer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004

          > Jerusha,
          >
          > The lady's website that you got those pictures from is very.....WOW!!
          > There are so many pictures and they are all Italian!! That's where I will
          > be for a while.

          *giggle* It's mine. I've got them all hun off there so that I can
          have access when I'm away from my computer. And a few of my Close
          Personal Friends. Hi Friends. :-) BTW, I'm going to compile a list
          of things I want better images for, but if any of you happen to ever
          come across a color image of something that I only have B&W for,
          please let me know!

          There's not just Italian stuff there. I was looking at Davenport
          one day, and I said You know, someone needs to reprint this and use
          color pictures. then I said, You know, I bet I could find color images
          of the things that I'm interested in seeing ... And one thing led to
          another and well, ... I've still got a *stack* of stuff to scan.

          I think i've got the information on most all of them (date, where
          the image came from if I scanned it) and stuff like that.

          Jerusha

          > You can find the listing at:
          >
          > http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/SCA/Paintings/
          >
          > And have fun!

        • Mary Taran
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
            When I was in Italy mumblety mumble years ago, I lived for a month in
            Siena. I got thoroughly indoctrinated in the politics and excitement of
            the Palio.

            I'd like to make my husband a pair (or two or three) of the pieced hose
            that are so notably part of the flagbearer's costume for the Palio
            parade. Can anyone help me find good pictures? My surfing techniques
            aren't coming up with much.

            Mary Taran