April Italian Showcase

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2004
      Greetings all,

      Apologies to all thos who see this more than once.

      Once again I have the pleasure to introduce to you this month's Italian Showcase. This month's
      costumer is Melissa Heischberg.

      Melissa was scheduled to be the May Showcase, but has very kindly stepped into the breach for the
      scheduled costumer and in doing so has earned my gratitude and admiration for getting it all ready
      so quickly (her deadline was not for another month!).

      You may view her Venetian Courtesan gown at:

      <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm>

      Enjoy!

      =====
      Signora Bella Lucia da Verona

      The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing in 16th Century Venice
      http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net
      Italian Showcase of the Year Awards: VIEW THE WINNERS!!

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • Diana Habra
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2004
        I am normally a pretty tough judge when it comes to costuming but I have
        to say that Melissa's dress is wonderful!! Great choice of fabric and
        color and the fit is great.

        Congratulations on a job well done!

        Diana

        --
        Diana Habra
        www.renaissancefabrics.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2011
          The April Italian Showcase is up! I am happy to be able to present a first on the Showcase - an Italian working-class dress that does double duty as a Flemish working-class dress, by Carol Salloum of North Carolina, USA. Want to see how this was achieved? Clicky!

          http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

          Enjoy!

          Bella
        • SusanG
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
            Thanks Bella!
            This months' outfit is beautiful and clever, clever, clever!
            Lucrezia

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
              Apologies for the previous message where I forgot to change the Subject line.

              I am very happy to present the Italian Showcase for April. Elaine Sears-Dennehy once again provides us with a beautiful sixteenth century creation, this time in the style of 1530s Florence. :)

              http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

              Lady Bella Lucia da Verona (Anabella Wake)

              The Realm of Venus - http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net
              Barony of Innilgard (Adelaide, South Australia)

            • Chiara Francesca
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
                I just wanted to say a big thank you for having designed such a great
                site that it still loads so fast on my old win 6 3g phone. Your site is
                beautiful on my phone!

                Chiara Francesca
                "This gown needs more purfurling!"

                Sent from my Windows Phone

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
                  Thanks Chiara! Although I must admit it's just a happy co-incidence if it looks good and works well on mobile phones, because back when I was last re-designing the web site that was the last thing on my mind, nor did my web authoring program have the necessary bells and whistles capability. Next web site re-design, though, will be done with an up-to-date program and with mobile phones in mind. :)

                  Bella

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2013
                    I am happy to say that demand for the Italian Showcase seems to be picking up again. :) Here's the Italian Showcase costumer for May - Daisy Viktoria, from California, USA. :)

                    http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/2013/DaisyV.htm

                    Bella
                    The Realm of Venus - home of the Italian Showcase and Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge

                  • Aly/Cemper
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 3, 2013
                      Very beautiful and well made. I love your choice of colours. Very elegant.

                      ~Lady Seraphina

                      One cannot silly-walk into Mordor.