New Member--New Photos

  • pytharnia
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      Hello all,

      I'm a new member.

      I have posted some new pics of men's costumes to the appropriate
      album, including Cosimo il Vecchio (the Elder), a profile of Dante
      Alighieri, and an Italian podestà.

      I have also created a new album called 'Ecclesiastical' which
      contains pics with papal and bishop's attire.

      If I ever do the renfaire thing, I need to be appropriately attired
      and men's fashion appears sadly under-represented in this otherwise
      wonderful group.

      Let me know what you think!

      Kraig
      aka kolobite
    • Gerard Gillespie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        --- pytharnia <kolobite@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm a new member.
        >
        > I have posted some new pics of men's costumes to the
        > appropriate
        > album, including Cosimo il Vecchio (the Elder), a
        > profile of Dante
        > Alighieri, and an Italian podest�.
        >
        > I have also created a new album called
        > 'Ecclesiastical' which
        > contains pics with papal and bishop's attire.
        Dear pytharnia,
        Go to your local library and ask for the book called
        "The Church Visible" the Ceremonial Life and Protocol
        of the Roman Catholic Church by James-Charles Noonan,
        jr. 390.422 NOO ISBN 0-670-86745-4
        This will help you in your research.
        yours respectfuly,
        g.gillespie
        gjgillespie1@...

        > If I ever do the renfaire thing, I need to be
        > appropriately attired
        > and men's fashion appears sadly under-represented in
        > this otherwise
        > wonderful group.
        >
        > Let me know what you think!
        >
        > Kraig
        > aka kolobite

      • gjgillespie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
          --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Gerard
          Gillespie <gjgillespie@y...> wrote:

          > --- pytharnia <kolobite@h...> wrote:
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I'm a new member.
          > >
          > > I have posted some new pics of men's costumes to the
          > > appropriate
          > > album, including Cosimo il Vecchio (the Elder), a
          > > profile of Dante
          > > Alighieri, and an Italian podestà.
          > >
          > > I have also created a new album called
          > > 'Ecclesiastical' which
          > > contains pics with papal and bishop's attire.
          > Dear pytharnia,
          > Go to your local library and ask for the book called
          > "The Church Visible" the Ceremonial Life and Protocol
          > of the Roman Catholic Church by James-Charles Noonan,
          > jr. 390.422 NOO ISBN 0-670-86745-4
          > This will help you in your research.
          > yours respectfuly,
          > g.gillespie
          > gjgillespie1@a...
          > >
          > > If I ever do the renfaire thing, I need to be
          > > appropriately attired
          > > and men's fashion appears sadly under-represented in
          > > this otherwise
          > > wonderful group.
          > >
          > > Let me know what you think!
          > >
          > > Kraig
          > > aka kolobite
          > >
          > > Dear pytharnia,
          on solemn occasion the pope's simar(Cassock) is made out of
          White watered Silk.. tradition dictates that white watered silk be
          used for the cuffs of the simar, as well as for the Fascia and
          Zucchetto.
          for the church visable.
          G.Gillespie
          gjgillespie1@...