Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: Portrait identification

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2004
      > > > This is definitely Italian. The artist is Paolo Veronese and the
      > > > date I have for it is 1580.
      >
      > > Do you know the name of the painting or a digital image of the
      > > whole thing?
      >
      > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog, but the date I have for it is
      > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if anyone is interested?

      I'd love to see the whole thing.

      Jerusha
    • HL Catherine de Gray
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 23, 2004
        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
        <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
        > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog,
        but the date I have for it is
        > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if
        anyone is interested?

        Yes, please Bella!
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2004
          --- HL Catherine de Gray <sister_dark_swan@...> wrote:

          > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
          > <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
          > > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog,
          > but the date I have for it is
          > > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if
          > anyone is interested?
          >

          > Yes, please Bella!

          Oops...sorry this took a while! Here it is...

          <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Veronese1560.jpg>

          =====
          Signora Bella Lucia da Verona

          The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing in 16th Century Venice
          http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net
          Italian Showcase of the Year Awards: VIEW THE WINNERS!!

          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        • Eibhlin Buchanan
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
            The Blue....
            This one was making me insane trying to figure it out, but I thought
            I could see the hint maybe of lacing under the arms...
            I saved the portrait and played with the brightness and contrast
            until I could see under the arms better.
            Voila! There under the arms is definately lacing.

            Eibhlin