RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: Portrait identification

  • Christine Taylor
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 16, 2004
      Wonderful, thank you! And thank you too to Giuliana for confirming that
      it was Italian.

      Gratefully,
      Caitlin

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2004
        > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Christine
        > Taylor" <christaylor@c...> wrote:
        > > Hi -- I've uploaded a photo to my folder "Caitlin." I'm trying to
        > find
        > > something about it. Honestly, I don't know if this is Italian Ren,
        > it
        > > looks more English. Does anyone recognize it anyway?
        > >
        > > Thank you!
        > >
        > > Caitlin
        >
        > This is definitely Italian. The artist is Paolo Veronese and the
        > date I have for it is 1580.

        Do you know the name of the painting or a digital image of the
        whole thing?

        Jerusha
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22, 2004
          > > This is definitely Italian. The artist is Paolo Veronese and the
          > > date I have for it is 1580.

          > Do you know the name of the painting or a digital image of the
          > whole thing?

          This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog, but the date I have for it is
          circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if anyone is interested?

          =====
          Signora Bella Lucia da Verona

          The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing in 16th Century Venice
          http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net
          Italian Showcase of the Year Awards: VIEW THE WINNERS!!

          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        • Susan Farmer
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 22, 2004
            > > > This is definitely Italian. The artist is Paolo Veronese and the
            > > > date I have for it is 1580.
            >
            > > Do you know the name of the painting or a digital image of the
            > > whole thing?
            >
            > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog, but the date I have for it is
            > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if anyone is interested?

            I'd love to see the whole thing.

            Jerusha
          • HL Catherine de Gray
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 23, 2004
              --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
              <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
              > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog,
              but the date I have for it is
              > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if
              anyone is interested?

              Yes, please Bella!
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 25, 2004
                --- HL Catherine de Gray <sister_dark_swan@...> wrote:

                > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
                > <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
                > > This is usually just referred to as Portrait of a Lady with a Dog,
                > but the date I have for it is
                > > circa 1560-70. I have a larger image I can upload to the web if
                > anyone is interested?
                >

                > Yes, please Bella!

                Oops...sorry this took a while! Here it is...

                <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Veronese1560.jpg>

                =====
                Signora Bella Lucia da Verona

                The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing in 16th Century Venice
                http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net
                Italian Showcase of the Year Awards: VIEW THE WINNERS!!

                http://au.movies.yahoo.com
              • Eibhlin Buchanan
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
                  The Blue....
                  This one was making me insane trying to figure it out, but I thought
                  I could see the hint maybe of lacing under the arms...
                  I saved the portrait and played with the brightness and contrast
                  until I could see under the arms better.
                  Voila! There under the arms is definately lacing.

                  Eibhlin