Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] New Italian Showcase

  • Giuliana di Grazia
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
      Wow!!! Absolutely gorgeous work.

      And Bella, when you have a moment could you drop me a line @ juliana916@...? I'm interested in making a doublet style Florentine gown similar to the one you created for Margo's Iron Dress competition and I'd like to get some names of artists you came across while researching your gown so that I may look at some portraits for inspiration. On-line sources are a bonus. Thanks.

      Giuliana di Grazia (who trying to get a head start on 12th Night sewing)

      Bella <bella_lucia_da_verona@...> wrote:
      Greetings all,

      the new Italian Showcase is online at The Realm of Venus!

      This month I am incredibly awed and thankful to Danielle Nunn-Weinberg for giving me such
      wonderfully detailed information and pictures - her Bronzino sleeves are just gorgeous! Danielle
      was one of the lights of inspiration back when I first began in historic costuming - her attention
      to detail is amazing, but more so is her unwavering courtesy and willingness to share her
      knowledge. I am proud to feature the work of such a talented and generous person.

      <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/yourgarb/Danielle.htm>

      =====
      Lady Bella Lucia da Verona
      The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing and Accessories in 16th Century Venice <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/> Made Italian historic clothing? Want to be Showcased? Email me!

      http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Lori Leppink
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        This is a beautiful dress!

        Giovanna

        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
        <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings all,
        >
        > the new Italian Showcase is online at The Realm of Venus!
        >
        > This month I am incredibly awed and thankful to Danielle Nunn-
        Weinberg for giving me such
        > wonderfully detailed information and pictures - her Bronzino
        sleeves are just gorgeous! Danielle
        > was one of the lights of inspiration back when I first began in
        historic costuming - her attention
        > to detail is amazing, but more so is her unwavering courtesy and
        willingness to share her
        > knowledge. I am proud to feature the work of such a talented and
        generous person.

        > <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/yourgarb/Danielle.htm>
        >

        > =====
        > Lady Bella Lucia da Verona
        > The Realm of Venus: Ladies Clothing and Accessories in 16th Century
        Venice <http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/> Made Italian
        historic clothing? Want to be Showcased? Email me!

        > http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
        > - Looking for more? Try the new Yahoo! Search
      • ivinian
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
          --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella
          <bella_lucia_da_verona@y...> wrote:
          > Greetings all,
          >
          > the new Italian Showcase is online at The Realm of Venus!
          >
          > This month I am incredibly awed and thankful to Danielle Nunn-
          Weinberg for giving me such
          > wonderfully detailed information and pictures - her Bronzino
          sleeves are just gorgeous!

          VERY pretty work! That dress style is such a knockout. I especially
          appreciated the dress diary that went with it.

          Vangelista
          http://www.florentine-persona.com
        • Cilean_69
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
            THank you BElla!

            I have 2 Florentines I was trying to do, and I could not figure out
            how to get the sleeves to work! It is like an epiphany!

            Yeah!