Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Just got the best fabric from a local place!

  • Juliane de Vivonne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2003
      --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Cilean_69
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > HI
      >
      > The fabric store is Fabrics R us, and they are even cheaper than
      thai
      > ($13.00 per yard for 60 wide Dupioni, and here it is $10.00)
      > They also carry a boatload of cotton velveteen and they have some
      > jacquards and such that are awesome and only $5.00 per yard!
      >
      > Cilean

      Exotic Silks (wholesale subsidiary of Thai Silks,
      www.exoticsilks.com ) has 54" Doupioni in 43 colors for $7.80 a yard.
      You don't have to have a tax id, but you do have to have a min
      purchase of $100 and min cuts are 15 yards. It seems like a lot, but
      if you go in with another it works out pretty good!

      Juliane
    • Susan Farmer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2003
        *sigh* My weight hasn't changed, but I've added 2 inches of boobage.
        I know you're all wondering why I'm sharing this tidbit with you --
        and it's because of my Italian. I had previously boned the bodice

        http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/SCA/Images/jerusha92a.jpg if you
        want to see the dress.

        Anyway, the "girls" don't like the boned bodice anymore -- the
        boning stops at the *wrong* place. What is the proper type
        corset that I should make for the period?

        Thanks,
        Jerusha
      • THL Catherine de Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2003
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > The fabric store is Fabrics R us,

          Cilean, do you have the address for them? I was thinking of hopping
          out to Thai Silks pretty soon (12th Night shopping!), and would love
          to check this place out as well.

          Catherine