2142Re: loose gown/coat thingy

  • curvess2000
    Oct 5, 2004
      Hi Yseult and Dianora,

      http://au.geocities.com/curvess2000/loose_gown.htm
      this might help in your quest, I added some extra bits today
      especially to help address this enquiry. I love primary
      documentation, don't you?!?!?!?!?! I havn't finished this page yet.
      That will have to wait untill exams are finsihed with University in
      about 5 weeks.

      When I am finished at uni for the year look out. Under and over wear
      gallore.... heheheheh And maybe having a go at taking some of my
      dresses in. I never thought I'd be anoyed at loosing weight.

      Cheers

      Deb
      (Oonagh)

      Oonaghs Own
      http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au

      --- In
      Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
      <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

      > Perhaps then this will help:
      > http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns/index.html
      >
      > At the end of your original post, you asked for ideas on
      constructing
      > something similar [to a coat or a loose gown worn over the
      Florentine
      > or Venetian gown.] The Turkish coat having been worn in Venice,
      and
      > being similar in shape (pretty much an A-line) to the loose gown,
      it
      > didn't seem too much a stretch to me to begin with Mistress
      Oonagh's
      > instructions for her Turkish coat and work that garment's design
      > around to a loose gown.
      > I apologize for having interpreted 'something similar' so broadly.
      >
      > But at her site, for which I've given a link, above, Kass McGann
      has
      > the pattern envelope illustrations for her historical clothing
      > patterns; one of them---I think it's the third from the top as you
      > scroll down---shows the *back* of a loose gown.
      > These, however, are English, I'm pretty sure.
      > Will they be close enough for your purposes? :)
      >
      > Yseult
      >

      > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "sahrye256"
      > <sahryec@h...> wrote:
      > > Mistress Oonagh did a wonderful job with her turkish coat. I
      think
      > > that what I'm looking at is different and perhaps more common
      than
      > > turkish coat would have been. It seems to me to be similar to
      > men's
      > > garments of the time.
      > > Dianora
      > >

      > > --- In

      Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
      > > <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:
      > > > Look on this page of Mistress Oonagh's site; scroll to the
      bottom
      > > of
      > > > the page for links to patterns, how-to, documentation.
      > > > http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au/turkish_coat_for_venice.htm
      > > >
      > > > Yseult
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic