2133Re: loose gown/coat thingy

  • borderlands15213
    Oct 2, 2004
      Perhaps then this will help:
      http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns/index.html

      At the end of your original post, you asked for ideas on constructing
      something similar [to a coat or a loose gown worn over the Florentine
      or Venetian gown.] The Turkish coat having been worn in Venice, and
      being similar in shape (pretty much an A-line) to the loose gown, it
      didn't seem too much a stretch to me to begin with Mistress Oonagh's
      instructions for her Turkish coat and work that garment's design
      around to a loose gown.
      I apologize for having interpreted 'something similar' so broadly.

      But at her site, for which I've given a link, above, Kass McGann has
      the pattern envelope illustrations for her historical clothing
      patterns; one of them---I think it's the third from the top as you
      scroll down---shows the *back* of a loose gown.
      These, however, are English, I'm pretty sure.
      Will they be close enough for your purposes? :)

      Yseult

      --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "sahrye256"
      <sahryec@h...> wrote:
      > Mistress Oonagh did a wonderful job with her turkish coat. I think
      > that what I'm looking at is different and perhaps more common than
      > turkish coat would have been. It seems to me to be similar to
      men's
      > garments of the time.
      > Dianora
      >

      > --- In
      > Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
      > <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:
      > > Look on this page of Mistress Oonagh's site; scroll to the bottom
      > of
      > > the page for links to patterns, how-to, documentation.
      > > http://oonagh.actewagl.net.au/turkish_coat_for_venice.htm
      > >
      > > Yseult

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic