Shabbat SHIRA ,Tu Bishvat & more...

  • Yehudit Singer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Shalom Friends,
      Hope you are having a fulfilling week. Please note that this will be the last posting for the next few weeks, as I will be in India!
      I am going on a research program for university students where we will document the culture and history of the Jewish community in Bombay (now Mumbai.) Indeed, an opportunity of a lifetime (B"H.)
      There's a chance I'll need to set up shabbat lunch plans for myself and a few other religious people on the program, so by chance any of you happen to know anyone frum living in Bombay (a long shot, but it's worth a try!), please do contact me. Any help/guidance will be appreciated.
      Hope your Tu Bishvat is 'porachat' and fruitful!
      Shabbat (Shira) Shalom (x3) and I'll be back in a few weeks!
      I have included some events that will be occuring during the time I'm away. Enjoy!

      -Yehudit

      *****
      Shabbat, February 2nd
      Carlebach Minyan/Tu Bishvat Dinner in Beer Sheva.
      Everyone is invited.
      @ Yakov Avienu, building 1, apt 8. (the corner of Rager and Yakov Avienu; across from the Copy Centre). Please bring friends as we are trying to get a minyan!
      Shabbat dinner also planned, but you must RSVP.
      For more info email Jenn Cole at jenndelin@...

      Motzei Shabbat Shira February 3rd
      WomenÂ’s Kumsitz in honor of Tu Bishvat & Motzei Shabbat Shira
      8pm
      @ 46/4 Sderot Herzl, Kiryat Moshe
      Across from the Ramada Rennaissance Hotel
      For more info, please call Ariella at 052-626-3747

      Motzei Shabbat Shira, February 3rd
      7:30PM
      Ariel Elisha
      Entropy: A Night of Piano Catastrophe and Eternal Love.

      Ariel Elisha Rosen is a young, dynamic music instructor who moved to
      Israel from California where he trained in classical piano and jazz. If
      you are into avant-garde Breslov, Nachlaot freestyle, or braided payos,
      then this is for you.
      Location: A Piano Under the Roof
      3 Raines Street, #11, top floor
      Off Rehov Herzl behind Mossad HaRav Kook.
      20 shekel donation appreciated
      Contact arielelisha3@... for more info

      Motzei Shabbat Shira, Feb 3rd
      Kehillat Moreshet Avraham will present an extraordinary Tu B'Shvat/Shabbat Shira Musical Extravaganza
      8pm
      @ Kehillat Moreshet Avraham
      22 Adam St E. Talpiot (Bus 8 from City Center)
      Will feature the dynamic new women's quartet, ALLEGRESSE, along with stellar cameo performances by ever-popular Rabbi/Cantor Abraham Feder, accompanied by the highly
      talented pianist Diane Herman.
      Refreshments, including traditional festive TU B'SHVAT foods will be served.
      General Admission: NIS 25 Please call 673-7183
      Those wishing Reserved Sponsor Seating (NIS 60), please indicate when calling

      Sunday, Feb 4th 11:00pm
      Yood
      Kinar Hotel Tiberias
      http://www.myspace.com/yoodrock

      Sunday Feb. 4th, 7PM
      Interview and live in-studio performance with Rebbe Soul
      on Israel National Radio's "The Beat"
      http://israelnationalradio.com
      http://israelbeat.blogspot.com

      FUTURE DATES!

      Monday February 12, 2007 at 9pm
      Gush Etzion Foundation sponsoring a benefit concert featuring"Moshe Lahav" The Big Tisch!
      @ The Jerusalem Theater, Henry Crown Auditorium
      Funds will go to sponsor surgery for Baby Tiferet Ayala, who was born with a severe double cleft palate. She requires a life saving operation which can only be performed in the U.S.
      All sales of tickets are for Tiferet's surgery
      Recognized as a tax deductible donation.
      Ticket sales: Jerusalem - Bimot (02) 623-7000 , Gush Etzion - Mantas (02) 993-7999
      *Update on Donations
      We are not yet at the full amount but we are almost there. So far about 75% of the necessary
      funds have been raised. Please help us to meet the full amount by going to
      www.gush-etzion.org.il

      February 18th, Sunday evening
      RebbeSoul - solo performance in Jerusalem
      @ Syndrome
      Hillel Street 18 (near the Midrachov area)
      Jerusalem, Israel
      Doors at 8pm... come early for a seat.
      information: 054 207 2208
      "Multi-talented RebbeSoul seamlessly mixes international musical influences into his own unique sound. Rhythms from Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East are evident as they weave and wind through rock, pop, and jazz tones."
      - Joey Alkes, Music Biz Magazine

      "Paamayim Ki Tov" Festival
      Tuesday, Feb 20th Aaron Razel
      Tuesday, Feb 27th Neshama Carlebach with Mika Karni
      Park Jabotinsky, Binyamina
      Weekly line of Original Jewish Music
      Every Tuesday a@ Milestone club, SHUNI
      See www.pirsumeinisa.com

      Tuesday, March 6th
      Table to Table is proud to present a special production for women of
      all ages-"Ruth and Naomi In the Fields of Bethlehem"
      Performed by the Efrat/Gush Etzion Raise Your Spirits Summer Stock
      Company.
      @ Yad Lebanim, R'aanana
      Time: 20:30
      Tickets and sponsorships available from Table to Table offices at
      09-7441757, or send an email to andy@tabletotable. org.il
      All proceeds to Table to Table projects.