Why Jason Blake was not at World Championships...

  • billbarrisles
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      It's Stan Fischler so take it with a grain of salt. As pro-NHL by
      default as I am in this dispute I will not post his anti-NHLPA
      nonsense here for the same reasons most Brooks anti-NHL updates I just
      do not care to post.

      http://msgnetwork.com

      Stan Fischler
      Bluelines: Goodenow's 'stall strategy' is a lost cause

      May 02, 2005

      Jason Blake's mysterious absence from Team USA is, at last, explained.
      Or is it? His agent claims that Blake declined on the grounds that he
      had signed a new Isles' contract. Since a new CBA is not completed,
      his contract is not guaranteed if he's injured. Plus, the insurance
      cost for the value of his contract is prohibitive.

      We'll buy that one although there are others who insist that Jason
      rubbed someone the wrong way on Team USA!