Sound Tiger News Articles 3-1-2005

  • billbarrisles
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      The game articles from Sunday's loss are posted with today's coverage
      for those who wish to visit the Ct Post sports page.
      http://www.connpost.com/sports/ci_2589786

      Article created: 03/01/2005 02:26:56 AM

      Sound Tigers notebook

      BACK ACROSS The Bridgeport Sound Tigers will pay a return visit to
      Long Island on March 23. The Sound Tigers' game against Norfolk that
      night has been moved from Bridgeport to the Nassau Coliseum, home of
      the parent New York Islanders.

      Tickets go on sale Wednesday and cost $25, $15 and $10. Fans already
      holding tickets for the game should contact the Sound Tigers at 334-
      4625 for exchange information. TWO-WAY STREET Sunday's loss to
      Portland was odd just because Justin Mapletoft, Sean Bergenheim and
      Eric Godard were on the ice for two even-strength goals against. In
      the nine games before that combined, since they were reunited after
      Mapletoft's wrist injury, they had been on together for only two
      goals against.

      In those 10 games, though, they haven't scored at even strength
      when they've been together.

      It bothers me a lot, Mapletoft said. We've had so many chances, game
      in, game out, and we didn't score. You shut down lines, yeah, that's
      good, but we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to score.

      For coach Greg Cronin, though, the points on the scoreboard sometimes
      aren't as important as the scoring chances a line earns, and he has
      been satisfied with the line's production.

      They had four chances each in the game (Saturday at Albany), Cronin
      said. So you don't score. You're building some substance with the
      other parts of your game. To focus on your lack of scoring is a waste
      of time.

      The trio combined for a power-play goal Sunday, with Godard planted
      in front of the net to slap home the rebound of Mapletoft's shot from
      the left-wing boards.

      Hopefully, it does give us something to build on, Mapletoft said.
      Godsy's had some chances of late.

      CHANGES The Sound Tigers have asked for league review on Saturday
      night's overtime goal. Brendan Yarema got credit, but he said it
      rightly belonged to Cole Jarrett.