Re: Question about Mike Milbury decision on Hunter/DiPietro

  • billbarrisles
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      From Sunday's Newsday...

      > Still, Milbury, under some obvious NHL-guided influence, decided
      against loading up his AHL roster, even though he could use the
      excuse that young Trent Hunter needs to keep developing his skills.>>

      > "We're locking out NHL players," Milbury said, "and these guys are
      NHL players." That's why they're not "down here.">>>

      This makes no sense to me, none. If DiPietro or Hunter said he is
      done playing in the AHL, that's another matter.

      Regarding Milbury's comments, Justin Papineau is older than Trent
      Hunter. One is playing for the Tigers, the other is so desperate to
      find work he is about to sign in Switzerland. Is this how they
      protect a player who finished third for the calder who badly needs to
      work under the Islanders staff?

      Meanwhile the Tigers have not scored in ten peirods. How is this
      helping Hunter or Bridgeport.

      Maybe I am not reading this properly or there is a chance someone
      could claim these players on waivers, I'm not sure.

      But after reading what I read today in Newsday made me feel Mike
      Milbury does not want Trent Hunter or Rick DiPietro in Bridgeport for
      reasons that make absolutely no sense. Meanwhile Raffi Torres and
      several NHL players are helping AHL teams and getting the work they
      need to develop.

      Bill