Kings acquire Dempsey from Blackhawks

  • billbarrisles
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=74664

      Kings acquire Dempsey from Blackhawks
      TSN.ca Staff

      3/2/2004

      LOS ANGELES (CP) - The Los Angeles Kings acquired defenceman Nathan
      Dempsey from the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night for a 2005
      fourth-round draft pick and future considerations.

      Dempsey, 29, had 25 points in 58 games with Chicago this season. He
      led the Blackhawks in average ice time and was tops among the club's
      defencemen in shots on goal.

      ``Nathan fits in well with our current group of defencemen,'' said
      Kings general manager Dave Taylor. ``He is mobile and he moves the
      puck well.

      ``He has a good, all-around game and we like that he has played in
      all situations with Chicago this season.''

      Last season with Chicago, Dempsey's first full NHL campaign, he had
      five goals and 23 points in 67 games.

      The six-foot, 191-pound Dempsey was originally Toronto's 12 pick,
      245th overall, in the 1992 entry draft. He made his NHL debut with
      the Maple Leafs during the 1996-97 season and remained with the
      organization until signing with Chicago on July 12, 2002.

      In 173 career games with Chicago and Toronto, Dempsey has registered
      67 points.