Re: [IslanderFreeport41] RE: New Group Format

  • Don
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14 6:03 PM

      It got out.

      Don
      s/v Grasshopper

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [IslanderFreeport41] RE: New Group Format

      Well I have not been able to post on this new format. I am looking for the OD of cutlass bearings that have our shaft size of 1.5".

      So if this gets out there thank you.

      Gary Osborne
      S/V Sea Feather
      507-6552-9884

      On Sep 14, 2013, at 1:21, <dgrass1@...> wrote:

      The new Yahoo Groups are designed for using an upgraded browser like Chrome for example, so if you're using an older browser format like I was (Internet Explorer 8) you're going to hate it.

      Don

      s/v Grasshopper

      --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, <islanderfreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      WOW did Yahoo really think that changing the format to this mess was a good idea? I wan the old group format back.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14 6:51 PM
        Gary:

        Your post got out to me, but I don't have an answer. I will file it too once you get it as I am considering replacement as well. Keep us all posted if you have any problems or tips.

        Thanks,

        Steve SV Destiny Oklahoma

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14 8:07 PM
          Thanks Don!

          Gary Osborne
          S/V Sea Feather
          507-6552-9884

          On Sep 14, 2013, at 20:03, "Don" <dgrass1@...> wrote:

          It got out.

          Don
          s/v Grasshopper

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 15 8:47 AM

            I replaced the cutlass bearing on Pua'a Lele, my 1973 MS 40 about 7 years ago. It was 1-1/2 X 2-3/8 X 6, if that helps. Part used was a Duramax Marine part # BRAD. Since only small changes to the hull were made between the MS40 and Freeport41, and the shaft diameter stayed the same, there is a good chance that the same cutlass bearing may have been used.

            Randy Hardenbrook

            S/V Pua'a Lele

            Wilmington, CA

[...]

          • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 15 11:44 AM

              We just replaced ours on Slip Away a few months ago in New Zealand.  Am back in the USA for a couple of weeks with the boat and records in Fiji, so can’t check details now, but this sounds about right.

              Rich

              s.v. Slip Away

[...]

              No virus found in this message.