RE: New Group Format

  • mrman19
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 13, 2013

      The new Yahoo Groups are designed for using an upgraded browser like Chrome for example, so if you're using an older browser format like I was (Internet Explorer 8) you're going to hate it.

      Don

      s/v Grasshopper

      --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, <islanderfreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      WOW did Yahoo really think that changing the format to this mess was a good idea? I wan the old group format back.
    • Gary Osborne
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
        Well I have not been able to post on this new format. I am looking for the OD of cutlass bearings that have our shaft size of 1.5".

        So if this gets out there thank you.

        Gary Osborne
        S/V Sea Feather
        507-6552-9884

        On Sep 14, 2013, at 1:21, <dgrass1@...> wrote:

        The new Yahoo Groups are designed for using an upgraded browser like Chrome for example, so if you're using an older browser format like I was (Internet Explorer 8) you're going to hate it.

        Don

        s/v Grasshopper

        --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, <islanderfreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        WOW did Yahoo really think that changing the format to this mess was a good idea? I wan the old group format back.

      • Don
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013

          It got out.

          Don
          s/v Grasshopper

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
            Gary:

            Your post got out to me, but I don't have an answer. I will file it too once you get it as I am considering replacement as well. Keep us all posted if you have any problems or tips.

            Thanks,

            Steve SV Destiny Oklahoma

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
              Thanks Don!

              Gary Osborne
              S/V Sea Feather
              507-6552-9884

              On Sep 14, 2013, at 20:03, "Don" <dgrass1@...> wrote:

              It got out.

              Don
              s/v Grasshopper

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 15, 2013

                I replaced the cutlass bearing on Pua'a Lele, my 1973 MS 40 about 7 years ago. It was 1-1/2 X 2-3/8 X 6, if that helps. Part used was a Duramax Marine part # BRAD. Since only small changes to the hull were made between the MS40 and Freeport41, and the shaft diameter stayed the same, there is a good chance that the same cutlass bearing may have been used.

                Randy Hardenbrook

                S/V Pua'a Lele

                Wilmington, CA

[...]

              • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 15, 2013

                  We just replaced ours on Slip Away a few months ago in New Zealand.  Am back in the USA for a couple of weeks with the boat and records in Fiji, so can’t check details now, but this sounds about right.

                  Rich

                  s.v. Slip Away

[...]

                  No virus found in this message.