Re: New Group Format

  • JiffyLube
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2013
      I belong to a couple other Yahoo Groups beside this one, and they look the same when you first come to the home page. Now everyone has to Sign In before they can see the home page. What about visitors that want to see the site but don't want to join up to sign in, this new approach sucks!

      Don
      s/v Grasshopper
    • mrman19
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 13, 2013

        The new Yahoo Groups are designed for using an upgraded browser like Chrome for example, so if you're using an older browser format like I was (Internet Explorer 8) you're going to hate it.

        Don

        s/v Grasshopper

        --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, <islanderfreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        WOW did Yahoo really think that changing the format to this mess was a good idea? I wan the old group format back.
      • Gary Osborne
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
          Well I have not been able to post on this new format. I am looking for the OD of cutlass bearings that have our shaft size of 1.5".

          So if this gets out there thank you.

          Gary Osborne
          S/V Sea Feather
          507-6552-9884

          On Sep 14, 2013, at 1:21, <dgrass1@...> wrote:

          The new Yahoo Groups are designed for using an upgraded browser like Chrome for example, so if you're using an older browser format like I was (Internet Explorer 8) you're going to hate it.

          Don

          s/v Grasshopper

          --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, <islanderfreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          WOW did Yahoo really think that changing the format to this mess was a good idea? I wan the old group format back.

        • Don
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013

            It got out.

            Don
            s/v Grasshopper

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
              Gary:

              Your post got out to me, but I don't have an answer. I will file it too once you get it as I am considering replacement as well. Keep us all posted if you have any problems or tips.

              Thanks,

              Steve SV Destiny Oklahoma

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 14, 2013
                Thanks Don!

                Gary Osborne
                S/V Sea Feather
                507-6552-9884

                On Sep 14, 2013, at 20:03, "Don" <dgrass1@...> wrote:

                It got out.

                Don
                s/v Grasshopper

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 15, 2013

                  I replaced the cutlass bearing on Pua'a Lele, my 1973 MS 40 about 7 years ago. It was 1-1/2 X 2-3/8 X 6, if that helps. Part used was a Duramax Marine part # BRAD. Since only small changes to the hull were made between the MS40 and Freeport41, and the shaft diameter stayed the same, there is a good chance that the same cutlass bearing may have been used.

                  Randy Hardenbrook

                  S/V Pua'a Lele

                  Wilmington, CA

[...]

                • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 15, 2013

                    We just replaced ours on Slip Away a few months ago in New Zealand.  Am back in the USA for a couple of weeks with the boat and records in Fiji, so can’t check details now, but this sounds about right.

                    Rich

                    s.v. Slip Away

[...]

                    No virus found in this message.