Re: [IslanderFreeport41] Oil Filter Assembly

  • Dan Dionne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1 6:53 AM
      Hi Windscaper,
      I, too, remember the discussion we had earlier about replacing the oil filter cartridge and casing to a spin on filter on the SD22 engine.  I changed my oil and filter last week and I'm tired of the mess cleanup from this cartridge filter. Did Scott have the information on how to replace this?
      Again, thank you all for the information from this group! I've been reading everything discussed here for the 8 years I've owned Rayelle and the information is priceless.

      Dan Dionne
      S/V Rayelle
      Oakland Yacht Club
      Alameda, CA

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 31, 2013, at 1:13 PM, "windscaper" <windscape@...> wrote:

      Hi Group, this subject may have been discussed before but I'll give it another try. Does anyone have info on a replacement bracket for the oil filter assembly for the 1978, 4 cylinder, chrysler/nissan sd22 engine? I have had my fill of the problems the original assembly has ( leaks, seal failures and difficult installation) every time I change the oil.A spin on fliter and bracket is whats needed. I found one on Nissan Parts Zone, part number 236-Y7500 but they only go back to 1979 engines, one year after mine. I wonder if it will still fit? I tried to contact the website but could not get through. Any leads would be great. Tx

    • Dan Dionne
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1 6:56 AM
        Hi Steve,
        Just read your post about the filter replacement parts website.
        Thanks,
        Dan

        Sent from my iPhone

[...]

      • lbgorders
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1 7:36 AM
          I purchased exactly what you are looking for from a member that had them custom made. Contact sailingmagnus and see if he has any left.

          Len
          Flying Cloud

          --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, "windscaper" <windscape@...> wrote:

          > Hi Group, this subject may have been discussed before but I'll give it another try. Does anyone have info on a replacement bracket for the oil filter assembly for the 1978, 4 cylinder, chrysler/nissan sd22 engine? I have had my fill of the problems the original assembly has ( leaks, seal failures and difficult installation) every time I change the oil.A spin on fliter and bracket is whats needed. I found one on Nissan Parts Zone, part number 236-Y7500 but they only go back to 1979 engines, one year after mine. I wonder if it will still fit? I tried to contact the website but could not get through. Any leads would be great. Tx

        • Gene
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1 7:44 AM
            Hi All.

            Some time ago my mechanic called that Gary from Jesco was closing his business in Ceres, Ca. and that he was selling off all his inventory. Haven't herd back from him since but will try to contact him this weekend to get more information.

            Another avenue for parts is through a few Co's that sell International Scout truck parts since they used the SD33 and the SD633 engines. The engines were also used in forklifts along with other power uses.
            Just like our boats!! international quit building Scouts in 1980.

            Gene

            SV Genesis, San Pedro, Ca
          • Dick Pluta