All this headliner talk!

  • jollymon1979
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      Good morning everyone! All of this headliner talk has inspired me to
      take on my next "project". I thought after the hull to deck joint
      project, I would sit back for a while ...Anyway we cut out the vinal
      headliner last weekend to use for a pattern and have chosen to use a
      white textured "glassboard" for the replacement. Lots of "soup"
      undernieth that came from the companionway hatch cover and would
      travel right over to the port bulkhead and into the wood trim. This
      time we're going to take lots of pictures to post the project (When we
      refit the deck joint, we just sort of kept our noses to the rail and
      didn't document with photos). Anna also received a Sailrite sewing
      machine for her birthday (Yes she does like to sew!), and has been
      busy making winter covers for the companionways and hatches. It's 30F
      and we're expecting snow this week! Wish us luck, and we'll keep
      things posted on the Jolly Mon photo album ....
      Greg & Anna
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        Good luck Jollymon. This is Destiny calling. I undertook the same project two years ago. Used the painted bead board from Home Depot. If you want photos, I took some. Also did the hull to deck joint so know what you went through there.

        18 degress here, but I'm in the house not on the boat!

        Keep warm and enjoy life. We have teenagers so are here in dry dock for now.

        Capt. Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
          --Thanks for the encouragement Destiny! I'd love to see pics. We
          went up to the boat yesterday and put the companionway covers on and
          took some pictures. I'll post them ASAP. The snow is starting to
          acumulate! Two inches sence I came home from work. I guess the
          toughest part will be getting the holes right for the hatches and
          vents. Baught some dorad boxes for those too. We'll keep everyone
          posted and share progress and set backs (without too much foul
          language of course). I also built a battery box for the house
          batteries out of particle board and glassed it. Hope it's strong
          enough ... Keep warm!
          Greg & Anna

          - In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, Steven Ellsworth
          <stevenellsworth@...> wrote:

          > Good luck Jollymon. This is Destiny calling. I undertook the same
          project two years ago. Used the painted bead board from Home Depot.
          If you want photos, I took some. Also did the hull to deck joint so
          know what you went through there.

          > 18 degress here, but I'm in the house not on the boat!
          >
          > Keep warm and enjoy life. We have teenagers so are here in dry
          dock for now.

          > Capt. Steve
          >
          > jollymon1979 <jollymon1979@...>
          wrote: Good morning

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
            Jolly Mon:

            I'll post them to the site under Destiny. If you want to talk through it first, feel free to call. I'm at 405-359-9723.

            Happy Holidays!