oil filter

  • tony51sailing
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 9, 2012
      I have the Chrysler Nissan MN4-33 (SD22) 4 cyl with cartrdige type fitler. What is the correct filter cartridge #? Does anyone have the correct Fram or Wix pn? I have found fram CH3505 & Wix 51282 but can't verify they are correct. Also, does anyone out there have a spin-on oil fliter retrofit kit on their FP41 SD22 or SD33?
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 9, 2012
        These are the units i have used. I purchased online from Associated Diesel.

        http://www.adiesel.com

        Baldwin

        Fuel= PF861 $7.98ea
        Oil= P7083 $13.58ea

        Dave
        Canta Libre

      • rcdoty9816@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 9, 2012
          I do know that there are Kits to put the oil filter in an off engine location but I do not have one myself. Check with parts@... they should have them or can tell you where to get them.
          Cheers.
          Skip

          I have the Chrysler Nissan MN4-33 (SD22) 4 cyl with cartrdige type fitler. What is the correct filter cartridge #? Does anyone have the correct Fram or Wix pn? I have found fram CH3505 & Wix 51282 but can't verify they are correct. Also, does anyone out there have a spin-on oil fliter retrofit kit on their FP41 SD22 or SD33?

        • Sidney coburn
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 9, 2012
            Hope this will be of some help. as I have a filter in the box . I have had it for 20 years, The Nissan part no. is Oil Filder 15208-61525 For a fork lift Truck SD 33, SD 33T and Patrol 160:SD 33  Sid  of Pacific June

            These are the units i have used. I purchased online from Associated Diesel.

            http://www.adiesel.com

            Baldwin

            Fuel= PF861 $7.98ea
            Oil= P7083 $13.58ea

            Dave
            Canta Libre

            --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, "tony51sailing" <baka@...> wrote:

            > I have the Chrysler Nissan MN4-33 (SD22) 4 cyl with cartrdige type fitler. What is the correct filter cartridge #? Does anyone have the correct Fram or Wix pn? I have found fram CH3505 & Wix 51282 but can't verify they are correct. Also, does anyone out there have a spin-on oil fliter retrofit kit on their FP41 SD22 or SD33?

          • Dick Pluta
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 10, 2012

              I discovered awhile back that that this engine was used for a long time in Toyota fork trucks, as well as the International Harvester Patrol 4x4.  You should be able to find lots of the common parts at your local Toyota fork lift repair center. I found one here in New Jersey and they have been a tremendous help.

              Dick

              Hope this will be of some help. as I have a filter in the box . I have had it for 20 years, The Nissan part no. is Oil Filder 15208-61525 For a fork lift Truck SD 33, SD 33T and Patrol 160:SD 33  Sid  of Pacific June

              These are the units i have used. I purchased online from Associated Diesel.

              http://www.adiesel.com

              Baldwin

              Fuel= PF861 $7.98ea
              Oil= P7083 $13.58ea

              Dave
              Canta Libre

              --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, "tony51sailing" <baka@...> wrote:

              > I have the Chrysler Nissan MN4-33 (SD22) 4 cyl with cartrdige type fitler. What is the correct filter cartridge #? Does anyone have the correct Fram or Wix pn? I have found fram CH3505 & Wix 51282 but can't verify they are correct. Also, does anyone out there have a spin-on oil fliter retrofit kit on their FP41 SD22 or SD33?

            • Dave Muenzel
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 10, 2012
                I have a SD22 which takes oil filter # 551399 available from NAPA.  Not all the stores carry them in stock but are available from their warehouse usually overnight.  Hope this helps.Dave.

                To: IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 16, 2012
                  Dave, that's the one. I finally took it off & read the #'s on the catridge intself. The 551399 is actaully WIX brand, 1399 is NAPA gold. Now, does anyone have a good way of getting the oil out? I was planning on using my electric suction pump thru the dipstick tube but this engine only has a 5/16 hole thru the tube. My last boat had a 3/4 hole. I'm actually wondering if there is enough room to put a drina pan under the engine. Anyone tried that? Does anyone know the clearance for top of holding tank to bottom of drain pan?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 16, 2012
                    I cut down a plastic pan to slide under the engine and then put the suction of my oil change pump in the pan. I could not get a pan big enough to drain all the oil into so I pump the oil out of the pan while it is filling before it overflows. I really want to fit a drain valve in place of the oil pan plug but have not gotten around to it yet.
                    Hope that helps.
                    Cheers, Skip
                    Pretty Penny

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 16, 2012
                      Thanks skip. That's kind of what I was thinking. So, how much oil does that pan really hold? The oil pan on my engine actually has a flared bottom so it looks like it may be more like 6 qts than 5. I was thinking about the drain valve, too. Does anyone have picuters of the air cleaner set-up. Now, that my engine is running, I need an air filter. There's not one on it.
                      Tony
                      "Revelation"

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 16, 2012
                        Getting the oil out has never been a problem.  Try getting the engine temp. up to about 160* and you can insert a tube into the oil pan dip stick hole and manually pump it out into a couple of empty cans.  West marine sells an oil pump (Manual) that works fine..Jabsco #34060--0010.  This has a 1/4" pick-up tube that fits the dip stick tube fine.  Probably get it from any auto store also.  This one works good and isn't too messy.  Also there is one that is driven by a drill motor but seems to be a bit of a mess maker (Drill Pump,   Jabsco #17215--0000)  Don't make a hard thing of this, get the manual one, heat the engine up and pump the crap out--EASY.  Been doing it for 20+ years and I charter my boat..   The air filter is another problem.  I've had 2 of these engines and neither one had a filter.  I keep the engine room as clean as I can and have not had a problem but thats a chance I take.  I have forced air in and out of the engine room.  I would like an answer to that one myself.  I did try a couple of filters that came off the shelf and fit from Auto Zone but they restricted the air flow too much.  On a forklift, the intake is on top of the engine like a car and I can't find a reference to it in my repair manual.   Good luck.

                        To: IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com
                        From: baka@...
                        Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:30:59 +0000