Re: Relocating Oil Cooler

  • sailingmagnus
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      J&M,

      About 10 years ago I made an adapter to convert the existing side mounted oil filter to a remote mounted oil filter. It was such a pain to change the oil and catch all of the falling oil previously. Now I just disconnect the hoses and disassemble the racor filter on the dock to clean it. Checkout some pictures here:

      About 2 years ago several folks on this group asked me for the details so I removed mine and went back to the machine shop with it. I had four more made for the folks interested on this group. In the end only three people ultimatley paid me for my expenses so I have one adapter left if you are interested in this conversion.

      Scott
      s/v Magnus

      --- In IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com, "ketchussailing" <ketchussailing@...> wrote:

      > Hi All! We have found wear on the raw water hoses from the oil cooler itself and wondered if anyone has had this happen and how it was resolved or if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Janet and Michael aboard Windward Destiny

    • Janet Gosselin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        Scott,

        Thanks so much! The pictures are great. I will show Michael tonight and let you know about the adapter. So nice when you can make things easier on the boat!!

        Janet

        s/v Windward Destiny