All Islander Rendezvous

  • JiffyLube
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Islander owners known as FOGgers (Freeport Owners Group) will be holding a rendezvous to Two Harbors, Catalina after Labor Day on September 10-12, 2010. We would like to make this an All Islander event, and an invitation to all Islander owners to attend is extended.

      Friday the 10th Islander owners will start arriving. On Saturday the 11th we will have a get acquainted BBQ on the beach. Bring you own meat, and a side dish that can be shared. Sunday afternoon on the 12th there will be a dinghy raft up for those that wish to attend, where you can bring drinks and finger foods to share and meet other rafters. Sunday night you are invited to meet for dinner at the local restaurant, followed by drawings for door prizes.

      All Islander owners that would like to attend the rendezvous are urged to contact Don Grass at dgrass1@.... Please include the number of people in your party, and the name and size of your sailboat. While this time of the year is not hard to find moorings, this information will be very helpful to the Two Harbors Harbormaster.

      Don
      s/v Grasshopper #130
      FOG Owner and Moderator
    • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi Don,

        Great idea; hope you have a really good turnout.  Wish we could be there, but we'll be in the SPacific at the time if all goes according to plan.  We have many great memories of weekends at Catalina Island, particularly after Labor Day when it's much less crowded.  Careful with the Buffalo Milks and have a great time!

        Rich & Jan
        s.v. Slip Away
        currently in Cartagena, Columbia.

        Islander owners known as FOGgers (Freeport Owners Group) will be holding a rendezvous to Two Harbors, Catalina after Labor Day on September 10-12, 2010. We would like to make this an All Islander event, and an invitation to all Islander owners to attend is extended.

        Friday the 10th Islander owners will start arriving. On Saturday the 11th we will have a get acquainted BBQ on the beach. Bring you own meat, and a side dish that can be shared. Sunday afternoon on the 12th there will be a dinghy raft up for those that wish to attend, where you can bring drinks and finger foods to share and meet other rafters. Sunday night you are invited to meet for dinner at the local restaurant, followed by drawings for door prizes.

        All Islander owners that would like to attend the rendezvous are urged to contact Don Grass at dgrass1@cox. net. Please include the number of people in your party, and the name and size of your sailboat. While this time of the year is not hard to find moorings, this information will be very helpful to the Two Harbors Harbormaster.

        Don
        s/v Grasshopper #130
        FOG Owner and Moderator

      • Don
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
          Rich,

          Two Freeport 36s (Free Spirit & Aquila) went on the last Baja Ha Ha, and their both in La Paz right now. I hear that Aquila might sail on to the south pacific (don't know when yet), so maybe you two will meet someday.

          Don
          s/v Grasshopper #130

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
            This will be the last notice for the All Islander Rendezvous at Two Harbors, Catalina Island.

            Islander owners known as FOGgers (Freeport Owners Group) will be holding a rendezvous to Two Harbors, Catalina after Labor Day on September 10-12, 2010. We would like to make this an All Islander event, and an invitation to all Islander owners to attend is extended.

            Friday the 10th Islander owners will start arriving. On Saturday the 11th we will have a get acquainted BBQ on the beach. Bring you own meat, and a side dish that can be shared. Sunday afternoon on the 12th there will be a dinghy raft up for those that wish to attend, where you can bring drinks and finger foods to share and meet other rafters. Sunday night you are invited to meet for dinner at the local restaurant, followed by drawings for door prizes.

            All Islander owners who would like to attend the rendezvous are urged to contact Don Grass at dgrass1@... . Please include the number of people in your party, and the name and size of your sailboat. While this time of the year is not hard to find moorings, this information will be very helpful to the Two Harbors Harbormaster.

            At this moment in time it looks like we'll be having 14 different flavors of Islanders attending, so all aboard that's coming aboard!

            Don
            s/v Grasshopper #130
          • bradley
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2010
              Well, we made it to catalina. We had a great run up yesterday. Leaving san diego at 10am and arriving at midnight. The water temp is 72 and air temp in the low 70's.

              Good times,
              Crew on big tuna