Re: [IslanderFreeport41] Oil Pan

  • Gene Reynolds
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 8, 2009
      Hi Jim
      Just to let you know I found an oil pan from Jesco, it's just that it is different in a way that it's has a smaller sump pan, it will fit, it's just that I was wondering where you found your pan, also is it the same type as the one you replaced?
        "It's getting harder to find part's for these engines"

      Gene on the Genesis
      San Pedro, Ca.

      From: Gene Reynolds <skipper_geno@ yahoo.com>
      To: IslanderFreeport41@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 5:09 PM

      Hi Dick.

      Just to let you know that I bought 3 20amp & 3 15amp circuit breakers about 4 years ago to replace some of the broken ones and have back up's.. At the time I purchased them I think I paid something  like 200.00 so the 35.00 sounds right for the price, "here is the good news"... since then I replaced the old panel with a new paneltronics board... the old panel is somewhere on he boat along with the new breakers.... so next time I get back there I will look for them & bring all of it home with me so I will know what I have... at least the price will be better!

      At home landlocked.. until the engine is done. I need a new oil pan for my Chrysler 6 33

      Gene off the Genesis

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 9, 2009
        Gene,

        Can't tell you where the new pan came from, my mechanic got it for me.  But it was the same as the old one.  As I remember the big thing was the number of bolts holding it on. Yep! you right parts are getting tougher to find but this same engine is used in Tractors all over the world so I suspect parts will be available - just have to look in different places.

        Good luck,

        Jim on the Interlude
        Westport WA.

        A penny saved is a government oversite!

      • Dick Pluta
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 10, 2009
          You might try your local Toyota lift truck dealer.  This engine was used in their lift trucks.  My dealer in New Jersey was a great help finding a starter.

          Dick Pluta
          AEGEA

          On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM, James Lempe <oldtimealaskan@...> wrote:

          Gene,

          Can't tell you where the new pan came from, my mechanic got it for me.  But it was the same as the old one.  As I remember the big thing was the number of bolts holding it on. Yep! you right parts are getting tougher to find but this same engine is used in Tractors all over the world so I suspect parts will be available - just have to look in different places.

          Good luck,

          Jim on the Interlude
          Westport WA.

          A penny saved is a government oversite!

        • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 27, 2009
            Hi Dick,

            I assume you're talking about the original Potter Brumfield breakers.  Try a web search.  I found them a couple of years ago and bought a bunch of spares for $25-$30 each.  Don't remember who I bought them from.  They are still available, as they are still used in older avionics applications.  I remember using them centuries ago when I was a USN Aviation Electrician.  Yep, they're OLD!

            You can also get them from Downwind Marine in San Diego, but more pricey.

            Rich
            s.v. Slip Away
            in Cartagena, Columbia

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 15, 2013

              I'm about to tackle my electrical panel and replace a number of circuit breakers.  I've looked for the Tyco/Siemens/Potter Brumfield breakers and they are really expensive. Has anyone found a suitable substitute?

              Dick Pluta
              AEGEA
            • Ron B
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 15, 2013
                Hello Dick,

                I just replaced all of mine as they were starting to fail more frequently.

                I ended up biting the bullet and going back with the same Potter Burmfield breakers. They were a bit spendy, but I justified it with not having make revisions associated with a full panel replacement.

                The whole job was straight forward and took a long afternoon. Hopefully it will last for another 30 years.

                Best luck at finding a lower cost replacement. I am sure others would appreciate that if you can locate a source.

                Best regards,
                Ron

                SV KuoKoa
                Seattle

                Ron Barnhart

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 15, 2013

                  Hi Dick,

                  I remember buying a stock of them 10 years ago when we left, then also bought some extra spares about 3 years ago.  I don’t recall them being too expensive – I think I last bought them on line listed as Potter Brumfield.  I got the original supply from Downwind Marine in San Diego and I think they had a really good price.  Might check them out on line or via phone or email.  Good Luck!

                  Rich

                  s.v. Slip Away

                  In Hermosa Beach, CA (just back for a wedding)

                  I'm about to tackle my electrical panel and replace a number of circuit breakers.  I've looked for the Tyco/Siemens/Potter Brumfield breakers and they are really expensive. Has anyone found a suitable substitute?

                  Dick Pluta

                  AEGEA

                  No virus found in this message.

                • Slip Away - Rich & Jan
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 16, 2013

                    Hi Dick –

                    We did buy some circuit breakers about three years ago on-line from Chief Aircraft – www.chiefaircraft.com .  We also bought some on-line about six years ago from www.aircraftspruce.com

                    Jan

                    s.v. Slip Away

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 16, 2013
                      I'm not sure what PB circuit breakers you have but you could check Ebay, they have a few differenc styles that seem reasonable.

                      Patrick Fox
                      S/V Subira
                      Freeport 36 Hull 100

                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 16, 2013

                        I found this website to have very competitive prices on the breakers.

                        http://www.gopherelectronics.com/store/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=P&resultCnt=&order=4&keyword=W31-X2M1G&x=26&y=8

                        Dave

                        formerly Canta Libre