      From: IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com [mailto:IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:18 AM
      To: IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [IslanderFreeport41] Head Overflow Problem

      Do you experience this backflow from both heads? Easy enough to keep the aft thru-hull shut as the default...

      On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Darrin Marshman darrin.marshman@... [IslanderFreeport41] <IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hey Rich

      Love reading about your sailing exploits and projects you've conquered aboard...

      My vented loop in same location. .
      Back flow, I believe , is the nature of the beast in heavy sea states and safest solution is probably closing intake and pump as dry as possible.

      Regards
      Darrin
      Big Tuna

      On Aug 21, 2014 11:32 PM, "'Slip Away - Rich & Jan' rich@... [IslanderFreeport41]" <IslanderFreeport41@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Darrin,

      We have a vented loop on ours, but it will still overflow if we’re really heeled over, because it was difficult to get the vented loop high enough without it being exposed and cosmetically unappealing.  Our vented loop is at the top of the locker behind the head, but it will still allow water to slosh into the head overflowing it if we’re really heeled over and the seas are rough (like when AREN”T they!).

      Rich

      s.v Slip Away

      in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu