Children march for Palestine - BBC, Uk

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 6:15 AM
      Children march for Palestine

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_2007000/2007584.stm

      Hundreds of children will march through central London
      on Saturday in support of young people living in the
      Palestinian territories.

      More than 200 children have been killed and 7,000
      injured since the beginning of the Palestinian
      uprising more than 18 months ago.

      Children from many different religious and ethnic
      backgrounds are taking part in the march, from
      Parliament Square to Trafalgar Square.

      Justice for Palestine Committee, which is organising
      the march, says it expects up to 1,000 youngsters to
      attend.

      Fifteen year-old Batool Marhoon, from Barnes in south
      London, said she felt she had to show her support.

      She said: "I thought there was no justice in Palestine
      and the people there were being oppressed, especially
      children.

      "Hundreds have been imprisoned with no trial and this
      is breaking international laws.

      Sanctions

      "I thought it was my duty to do something and to make
      people aware of what's really going on there."

      Last Saturday, tens of thousands of people joined a
      rally in London demanding an end to Israel's military
      actions in the West Bank.

      Organisers estimated 50,000 people marched through the
      centre of the capital, calling for sanctions to be
      imposed on Ariel Sharon's government.

      In the latest in a series of demonstrations over the
      continuing Middle East conflict, activists demanded an
      end to what they see as an aggressive occupation by
      Israel.

      A mix of students, trade unionists and seasoned
      campaigners heard calls for war crimes charges to be
      brought against those who had organised military
      actions in the Jenin refugee camp.

      As well as expressing support for refugees and those
      who had lost their homes, marchers called for
      sanctions to be put in place until Israel agreed to a
      complete withdrawal from Palestinian territory.

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com