***RePost*** of group notice made regarding Grouply.com Services

  • Terry Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2008
      Any email address from this service will be banned; as it places your
      IDs and passwords in a machine's hand. I will not allow this groups
      members to be so exposed.

      If you join it, you must provide them with your various IDs and
      passwords. Grouply, in effect, takes over your interface with the
      groups websites. They will be making their money from advertising they
      say. They have already raised 1.3 million in funding. The service is a
      social and conversation tracker; substituting an @grouply email
      address for your email contact to receive mail on your behalf.

      Feather
      -<<<<<~
    • Terry Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2009
        --- In Isis-House@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Lee" <foxxfeather@...> wrote:

        > Any email address from this service will be banned; as it places your
        > IDs and passwords in a machine's hand. I will not allow this groups
        > members to be so exposed.
        >
        > If you join it, you must provide them with your various IDs and
        > passwords. Grouply, in effect, takes over your interface with the
        > groups websites. They will be making their money from advertising they
        > say. They have already raised 1.3 million in funding. The service is a
        > social and conversation tracker; substituting an @grouply email
        > address for your email contact to receive mail on your behalf.
        >
        > Feather
        > -<<<<<~

        I am saying this again, having received *another* of the invites. I will begoing thru this group and removing everyone from whom I have gotten a grouply invitation.

        Set will be hunting.....

        Feather
        -<<<<<~