Freedom! Lakota Sioux Indians Declare Sovereign Nation Status

  • Terry Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2007
      http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/1220-02.htm

      ~Threaten Land Liens, Contested Real Estate Over Five State Area in
      U.S.West Dakota Territory Reverts back to Lakota Control According to
      U.S., International Law~

      ~ Lakota Sioux Indian representatives declared sovereign nation
      status today in Washington D.C. following Monday's withdrawal from all
      previously signed treaties with the United States Government. The
      withdrawal, hand delivered to Daniel Turner, Deputy Director of Public
      Liaison at the State Department, immediately and irrevocably ends all
      agreements between the Lakota Sioux Nation of Indians and the United
      States Government outlined in the 1851 and 1868 Treaties at Fort
      Laramie Wyoming.

      "This is an historic day for our Lakota people," declared Russell
      Means, Itacan of Lakota. "United States colonial rule is at its end!"

      "Today is a historic day and our forefathers speak through us. Our
      Forefathers made the treaties in good faith with the sacred Canupa and
      with the knowledge of the Great Spirit," shared Garry Rowland from
      Wounded Knee. "They never honored the treaties, that's the reason we
      are here today."~