Religion and Healing

  • Greenman, Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2006
      Fwd for/from Mike's wife
      (sorry if you get 2 or more copies of this from varied lists)
      Begin Fwd Message:
      - -
      Dear people (all blind copied)

      Some of you have not heard from me in so long you may not
      remember who I am. Some of you who've been listening to me go
      on about school for YEARS may wish you didn't know me! So why
      am I emailing now? Most of you know I am a graduate student and
      my studies are almost over. With your help, that is!

      My research is on religion and healing, and like many
      people doing research in the social sciences (psychology in my
      case) I've got a survey. It's easy to take! Its on the web at
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=418282376178

      If you'd like to know more about the study itself, there's a
      page at http://www.naturalstudies.org/rhs.htm

      The short of it is that research shows that there is a
      relationship between religiousness and healing. But the
      research has focused on mainstream religions in the US. My aim
      is to consider people from a wide variety of religious
      backgrounds, particularly "Neopagans", and the choices they've
      made about healing and healthcare.

      If you'd participate, I would be grateful. And if you wanted to
      pass this along to anyone you think would be interested or
      willing, that would be great.
      People who complete the survey can be included in a random
      drawing for $100, too.

      Since I believe in thinking positive, I'll thank you in advance.
      I hope you find the survey interesting! I'd love to hear what
      you think.

      Be well,
      Olwen

      Problems opening the survey? email lilar@...