Pimativo Garcia

  • Will Dockery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      This is so cool, I saw a video of the kids singing
      tonight, but I can't find
      a video link.

      http://www.rainmakers.com/walkenhorst_primitivogarcia.mp3

      (Written by the students in Ms. Seim's class at the
      Primitivo Garcia World
      Language School in Kansas City, Missouri in the fall
      of 2003.)

      The Story of Primitivo Garcia

      This is the story, the true true story of Primitivo
      Garcia

      He was a hero, a true true hero, Primitivo Garcia

      What is a hero? Listen now and you will know

      This is the story, the true true story of Primitivo
      Garcia

      Tivo came from Mexico to find a better life

      With 6 brothers, a sister and mother, to find a better
      life

      He worked hard, he studied hard, they bought their
      mother a home

      Tivo's dream was someday to become a citizen

      Become a citizen

      On a cold November night, Tivo and his brother

      Were coming home from English class

      When a gang attacked their teacher

      They knocked her down, they took her purse, but Tivo
      didn't run

      He fought the gang, she got away

      But one boy had a gun, one boy had a gun

      Three shots fired, one shot hit, the teacher's life
      was saved

      Tivo's life was the price for doing the right thing

      When Tivo died, the city cried, the governor
      proclaimed

      This honorary citizen did an extraordinary thing

      This honorary citizen did an extraordinary thing

      What is a hero? Listen now and you will know

      When ordinary people do extraordinary things

      When ordinary people do extraordinary things

      This is the story, the true true story of Primitivo
      Garcia

      Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
      na

      You're my soul and my heart's inspiration

      You're my soul and my heart's inspiration

      (these last 2 lines are the title of Tivo's favorite
      song, which he walked
      around singing a lot, according to his family)

      =====
      Art, music, poetry of Will Dockery:
      http://www.lulu.com/dockery

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail