Madeleine Davis @ Columbus Jazz Society summer jams

  • Will Dockery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- madeleine davis <vanessa_11_2000@...> wrote:

      > Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:48:09 -0400
      > Subject: Columbus Jazz Society summer jams
      > From: "David L. Morgan" <davart@...>
      >
      > Jazz lovers,
      >
      > We are fortunate to have a diverse lineup of
      > exceptional talent this summer.
      >
      > � June 13th -- the Cavaliers big band plays music
      > from the great swing era.
      >
      > � July 11th -- we'll hear the original jazz flavors
      > of saxophonist Claude
      > Rivers and his trio.
      >
      > � August 8th -- jazz vocalist Madeleine Davis brings
      > her unique style to
      > some favorite standards.
      >
      > The Columbus Jazz Society holds forth a concert and
      > jam session the second
      > Sunday of every month, from 6-9 PM at the Liberty
      > Theatre Cultural Center,
      > 813 8th Avenue, Columbus, GA -- (706) 653-7566.
      >
      > Musicians are encouraged to bring their instruments
      > and sit in -- anything
      > could happen!
      >
      > --
      > David Morgan
      > 706/660-1629
      > davart@...

      Great news Madeleine! I'll make plans to be off that
      night, perhaps I'll be able to get Woodstock Eddy to
      come along as well. For those new on this list,
      Madeleine was vocalist for the legendary Euro group
      Boney M, back in the 1980s. She's now here in
      Shadowville--- join me August 8th to cheer her on!
      Will

      Will Dockery in performance:

      http://tinyurl.com/29zkz

      http://tinyurl.com/2fy5c