3937Tahuti Lodge, (O.T.O.) NYC Calendar of Events for AUGUST 2010 EV

  • Tahuti Lodge
    Jul 24, 2010
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

      Tahuti Lodge, Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.), NYC

      Calendar of OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Events for AUGUST 2010 EV

      * * * * *

      Sunday, August 1, 2010 e.v., 3:00 pm

      Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., under the aegis of Ordo Templi Orientis & Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica is pleased to present:

      A PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF ALEISTER CROWLEY'S GNOSTIC MASS

      In Manhattan

      LOCATION: SANTOS PARTY HOUSE

      96 Lafayette Street New York, NY 10013
      (212) 584-5492
      http://www.santospartyhouse.com/event/index/id/1665

      For more information about Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., NYC:
      www.tahutilodge.org/

      For more information about
      Ordo Templi Orientis: http://oto-usa.org/

      This Event is OPEN
      18+ to attend

      Please RSVP: tahutilodge@...

      Suggested donation for this event, $10

      * * * * *

      Wednesday, August 4, 2010 e.v.

      Magick In Theory and Practice Study Group

      OPEN EVENT: 7:30 pm

      We will be studying this most important textbook on magick theory and practice
      a chapter at a time.

      Please bring your copy of MTP or download Chapter 5: The Formula of I.A.O.

      Please down load it from the web and read it in advance. http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-4/chap5.html

      Although handouts will be available for participants, please read the material beforehand online so we can get a lively discussion going.

      You can find the entire text of MTP online here: http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/

      RSVP tahutilodge@... for additional information and instructions.

      * * * * *

      Thursday, August 12, 2010 e.v.

      A Celebration for THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE PROPHET AND HIS BRIDE

      OPEN EVENT
      Held at a Public Venue in Manhattan

      We will be gathering at Grassroots public house
      located at 20 Saint Marks Place,
      New York, NY,
      at 7:00 pm.

      You are cordially invited to join the Brethren and Friends of Tahuti Lodge
      in celebration of The Feast for the First Night of the Prophet and His Bride

      This is a commemoration of the first night Crowley spent with his first wife, Rose Edith Kelly.
      They were married in a civil ceremony at Dingwall on August 12, 1903.
      Rose later played an important role in the events surrounding the reception of The Book of the Law.

      Bring your favorite piece of Crowley poetry to read, share a story, and have a pint with our motley-crew
      of fun-loving initiates and friends as we toast Uncle AL & Aunt Rose.

      Please do not contact Grassroots Tavern for information about this event.
      If you need information or directions, contact Tahuti Lodge at tahutilodge@...

      No need to RSVP for this event, just come on down and look for a rowdy bunch of Thelemites
      carousing under a "Happy Anniversary" Banner.

      * * * * *

      Saturday, August 14, e.v.

      A PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF ALEISTER CROWLEY'S LIBER XV: THE GNOSTIC MASS

      OPEN EVENT – 2:00 pm

      Tahuti Lodge, O.T.O., invites you to join us for a public celebration of
      Liber XV: The Gnostic Mass,

      our central ritual both public and private.

      An ideal introduction into the Mysteries and Magick of O.T.O.
      Presented under the auspices of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica, and Ordo Templi Orientis

      This Event will take place at our dedicated Temple

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Saturday, August 21, 2010 e.v.

      THELESIS LODGE EXPO
      AT TAHUTI LODGE

      Tahuti Lodge is delighted to welcome our Brethren from Thelesis Lodge, O.T.O., PA for

      a series of short presentations on Magick followed by a Public Celebration of the Gnostic Mass

      OPEN EVENT - 2:00 –6:00 pm

      2:00PM - Magickal Seduction by Sister Persephone - Magickal seduction isn't just about getting a date: it's learning how to use your energy to get whatever it is that you want, whether it's a lover, a job, a college acceptance letter, or a pet tarantula. This workshop will be both theoretical and practical, and yes, we will talk about sex.

      3:00PM - Spirit Summoning by Sister Leigh and Brother Ernest - this pair have worked to strip away all but the utmost essentials in their banishing and spirit summoning work doing away with verbalizations, gesture, scent, vestments etc. They've created a very efficient and compact ceremonial system and will use this to summon an angelic or demonic being (they take requests) and then open a portal into an Aethyr. All present can communicate with the being and scry the aethyr.

      4:00PM – Public celebration of the Gnostic Mass performed by Sister Amy, Brother Howard and Sister April.

      Please check our website for more information on this exciting event!

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Tuesday, August 24, 2010 e.v.

      FULL MOON RITUAL

      A Different Kind of Moon
      When the Sun Greets the Moon

      An ancient Chant for the New Aeon.

      OPEN EVENT – 7:30 pm

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Saturday, August 28, 2010 e.v.

      TAROT STUDY GROUP: A Continuing Series
      OPEN EVENT: 4:30 pm

      This Session we will explore ATU IX: The Hermit

      A different card will be studied each month, in a continuing series on the Tarot.
      Our aim is to provide a forum to encourage the study and exploration of Tarot.
      Participants are encouraged to bring their own Tarot deck and any books they have found helpful in understanding the topic at hand.

      While the Thoth Tarot images will often be the centerpiece of our discussions, participants are encouraged to bring a variety of decks to compare and contrast
      the variety of interpretations of a given card.

      So please bring our favorite deck or book and contribute to the discussion!

      To RSVP for this event and receive directions, please email tahutilodge@...

      * * * * *

      Coming in September…

      Sun. Sept. 5 – Public celebration of Aleister Crowley's Gnostic Mass at Santos Party House in Manhattan –3:00pm

      * * * * *

      There is a suggested contribution for most events of $5.00 to help cover the cost of renting and maintaining our temple facility.

      Love is the law, love under will.