I agree. ... Nice to see a real Orthodox view of the interpretation of scripture rather than the rantings of Convert clergy with their Protestantjacob_grekh
Nice to see a real Orthodox view of the interpretation of scripture rather than the rantings of Convert clergy with their Protestant fundamentalist baggage.anna_baran12
" [PG] What is the academic study of the New Testament like in Greek Universities both in your experience and now in view of the current financial situation?jacob_grekh
Irenikon is for the purpose of fostering dialogue, good will and community among Orthodox Catholics and eastern and western rite Catholics in communion with the Holy See.
Irenikon is an open List for all faithful Christians or inquirers.
As its name suggests, Irenikon is a place of peace. Religious wars are not welcome here, though dialogue between confessions ought to be Spirited.
All rules will be enforced at the discretion of the moderator(s). Rules of conduct for the list are:
1) Personal or confessional insult, however veiled, are absolutely disallowed. Note: As it turns out this is unenforceable when one is trying to defend or explain nuances of their own faith. Therefore a certain level of discomfort can be expected.
2) No proselytizing. Orthodox and Roman Catholics are not in communion. That reality will be respected at all times.
3) Never respond on the List to any note containing the word MODERATOR in the subject line.
4) All members of Irenikon must have the opportunity to feel "at home" here and be free to post without fear of mockery or derision as a response. Note: This is also unenforceable without some discomfort. Please be advised that we try and sometimes fail.
Keywords: Catholic, Orthodox, Monastic Life, Theology, Liturgy, Spirituality
- Nov 4, 2002
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.