Fw: Eternal Memory! +Father Gary Sherman

  • H R Stockert
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2012
      Vicnaja jemu pamjat'.

      From the Realized Eschaton

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: secretary <secretary@...>
      To: SECRETARY@...
      Cc: Linda Fisher <finance@...>; "French, Mrs Maureen" <chancery@...>
      Sent: Mon, November 5, 2012 4:17:25 PM
      Subject: Eternal Memory! +Father Gary Sherman

      Glory to Jesus Christ!

      Dear Clergy and Religious,

      We  received this just now from the Archeparchy of Pittsburgh:

      Thank you.

      -Diane Rabiej

      Chancery

      Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!

      We have just received word of the sudden and unexpected  falling asleep in the Lord  on Friday, November 2, 2012 of

      Father Gary Sherman.

      Father Gary was the priest of the Byzantine Community which he founded in September, 1996 in Tulsa Oklahoma.

      He is survived by his wife and six children.

      He lies in state at Holy Family Cathedral in Tulsa where the Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 7 at 11:00 a.m.

       In blessed repose, grant O Lord, eternal rest to your Priest Gary,

      and remember him forever!

      We have just received word of the sudden and unexpected  falling asleep in the Lord  on Friday, November 2, 2012 of

      Father Gary Sherman.

      Father Gary was the priest of the Byzantine Community which he founded in September, 1996 in Tulsa Oklahoma.

      He is survived by his wife and six children.

      He lies in state at Holy Family Cathedral in Tulsa where the Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 7 at 11:00 a.m.

      In blessed repose, grant O Lord, eternal rest to your Priest servant Gary, and remember him forever!

    • lexcaritas
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
        Fr. Gary is a good man and a friend and he will be missed.

        May Christ our God pardon all his transgressions, both voluntary and involuntary, whether in word, or deed or thought, and shelter him in a place of brightness, a place of verdure, a place of repose whence all sickness, sorrow and sighing have fled away and where the sight of His countenance rejoiceth all the saints from the ages. Grant him, O Lord, a portion in Thine ineffable and eternal blessings, and the enjoyment of Thine unending Life. For Thou art the Resurrection, and the Life and the Repose of Thy departed servants, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father Who is from everlasting and Thine all-holy, good and life-creating Spirit: now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

        Anyone know what will become of St. Athansius Mission in Tulsa, where Fr. so selflessly served for many years?