Irish History Project update

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 9:46 AM
      Friends of the Irish History DVD Project,
      Based on suggestions for fundraising projects, we will be holding an
      Irish music contest to determine what songs and artists will feature
      on our project's audio CD fundraiser. Songs on the CD must relate to
      a period or event(s) in Irish History so that they may be included in
      the DVD later on. So if you are an individual or group that performs
      Irish music we are very interested in you. As you may know music has
      long been a means to tell our history. In return for you submissions
      we will offer a free listing on our website for your web page. If you
      do not have a website and are among the winners of the contest, we
      will make you a web page to promote your music. Musical contributors
      to CD the will receive full credit on CD and the DVDs as they are
      done. Also links on websites promoting the CD.
      The CD tentively titled "Songs in Irish History" will also contain
      original works that are published nowhere else.
      This CD will play an important part of our efforts to bring Irish
      History to the world in a new and exciting way.
      If you know of any Irish music performers pass this on to them.
      MP3 short samples will be featured on our website in the near future.
      Advance orders will soon be accepted for the CD with a special
      donation of USA $9.95 which will be 33 percent cheaper than the list
      donation of USD $14.95.
      Other news:
      The Irish American Voice online magazine has given us free ads on
      there website. Many thanks.
      We have added new links, which you may find of interest.
      The Irish History DVD Project website is well on the way to becoming
      a major clearing house for Irish History and all things Ireland over
      all.

      http://www.irishhistorydvd.org

      If you have not already joined our project please feel free to do so.
      We can never have too many members.

      http://www.irishhistorydvd.org/instructions.html

      A new support group has been formed on AOL for AOL members.

      http://groups.aol.com/_cqr/irishhistory4all?mmch_=0

      As always we are open to your ideas and suggestions.

      Your friend,
      Sean