!! Connaught Journal; Aug 12, 1824 "Galway Assizes"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
      Galway, Thursday, August 12, 1824

      GALWAY ASSIZES
      Chief Baron O'Grady and Mr. Justice Burtos arrived in Town yesterday and
      proceeded to business. The Town and County Grand Juries were sworn before the
      Chief Baron.- Our Calendar is extremely light. No Trials of importance has been
      gone thru since the commencement; and it is supposed that our Assizes will
      terminate at a very early hour on Saturday.- In our next will shall insert the
      Convictions.
      ~~~~~~~~
      COUNTY GRAND JURY
      James Daly, Esq, M.P. Dunsandle, Foreman; Sir John Blake, Bart.,
      Marble-Hill; Robert Martin, Esq. Ross; Xavarious Blake, Esq, Oran-Castle; Walter
      Joyce, Esq, Merview; Francis French, Esq, Portcarren; John Cheevers, Esq,
      Killian; Edward Blake, Esq, Castle-Grove; James Basteroll, Esq, Durass; John
      Eyre French, Esq, Aughrim; C.D. Bellew, Esq, Mount Bellew; John D'Arcy, Esq,
      Clifden-Castle; T.B. Martin, Esq, Ballinahinch Castle; Val. Blake, Esq, Menlo
      Castle; R.I.M. St. George, Esq, Headford-Castle; A.F. St. George, Esq, Tyrone;
      John Kirwan, Esq, Castle-Hackett; R.J. French, Esq, Rahasane; John H. Blakeney,
      Esq, Abbert; Thomas Bodkin, Esq. Kilcloony; James H. Burke, Esq, St. Clerens;
      General John Taylor, Castle-Taylor; J.S. Lambert, Esq, Creg-Clare.
      ~~~~~~~~
      TOWN GRAND JURY
      Hon. Martin Ffrench, Foreman; Charles Blake, Esq, Merlinpark; Manus Blake,
      Esq; Francis Blake Foster, Esq; Walter Blake, Esq; Patrick Burke, Esq; Patt Ma?k
      Lynch, Esq; Walter Joyce, Esq; Matthew Thomas Smyth, Esq; James Browne, Esq;
      Andrew William Blake, Esq; William Calcott, Esq; Denis Clarke, Esq; Anthony
      O'Flaherty, Esq; Edward M'Donnell, Esq; James Burke, Esq; James Lynch, Esq;
      Taylor D'Arcy, Esq; Anthony Martin, Esq; Samuel Shone, Esq; Charles Browne, Esq;
      Coll Kelly, Esq; Andrew Blake, Esq.