Re: [IrelandOldNews] Alumni Dublinenses or Oxoniensus

  • Records
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2004
      The same kind of book is published for Oxford graduates as for was for
      Dublin. It's called Alumni Oxoniensis You may need to find a university
      library who holds it but any good library should be able to get hold of it
      on ILL . You may not know his father's first name but search for Burke
      anyway, Genealogy - esp Irish genealogy - is about eliminating possibles
      as much as adding probables.

      I just checked the Family History Library catalogue (www.familysearch.com)
      and the Oxford book is there. I don't have a FHC near me so I don't know
      how the system workscan you oder books as well as microfilm? - may be worth
      checking!

      Rachel