Re: [IrelandOldNews] Alumni Dublinenses

  • Susan Patterson
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
      Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have records
      for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
        Susan~

        I don't understand. I don't know the name of Michael J. Burke's father, for
        sure. M.J. graduated from Trinity. It's his father that supposedly
        graduated from Oxford.

        ~Carol

        >Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have records
        >for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...

      • Susan Patterson
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
          I misread your email and am sorry. Try Oxford though; his name might be John
          or Michael !
          > I don't understand. I don't know the name of Michael J. Burke's father,
          for
          > sure. M.J. graduated from Trinity. It's his father that supposedly
          > graduated from Oxford.
          >
          > ~Carol
          >

          > >Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have
          records
          > >for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...

        • Carol VEIO/VIEAU
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
            http://www.acpl.lib.in.us/genealogy/04irish.pdf
            Good morning Susan,

            I just found this great source for research that offers instructions and
            suggestions. I printed out the pages for future use. I can access PERSI
            though the college in this town.

            The article gives Research Guides, Gazetteers & Maps, Passenger Lists &
            Emigration Records, Census & Census Substitutes, Vital Records, Wills,
            Family Names & Heraldry, Periodicals, Audio Cassettes, and Other Sources for
            IRELAND! This is good. I'm going to try PERSI today.

            Carol
          • Maureen Aievoli
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
              Are you Carol Burke originally from Queens NY, and with two sisters, Maureen & Kathleen?
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                Hi Maureen,

                The answer to your question below is, "No." I've never been to New York.
                Carol

[...]

                Service.

              • Susan Patterson
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                  Go for it; I will be fascinated to hear if you find more about them !