Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland

  • Carol VEIO/VIEAU
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
      The University of Dublin, Trinity College
      Genealogical Information

      Trinity College receives many requests for genealogical information. This
      page provides signposts to websites and other resources which may be useful
      to those seeking such information. The College provides neither courses in
      genealogy nor a general genealogical research service.

      Nicola~

      You are correct. I should have scrolled down the page and read past what I
      have posted above. Thank you for pointing that out to me. For those who
      are interested, here is the link.

      http://www.tcd.ie/Visitors/general.html

      Carol
    • Carol VEIO/VIEAU
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
        In the Alumni Dublinenses, does it list the education/alma mater of the
        father of the student/graduate? The reason why I ask is because oral family
        tradition says:

        the father of Michael J. Burke attended Eton and then Oxford University.
        That's what my grandmother told my mother and her sisters. But my mother
        does not know the name of M.J.'s father.
      • Susan Patterson
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
          Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have records
          for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...
          > In the Alumni Dublinenses, does it list the education/alma mater of the
          > father of the student/graduate? The reason why I ask is because oral
          family
          > tradition says:
          >
          > the father of Michael J. Burke attended Eton and then Oxford University.
          > That's what my grandmother told my mother and her sisters. But my mother
          > does not know the name of M.J.'s father.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Carol VEIO/VIEAU
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 21, 2004
            Susan~

            I don't understand. I don't know the name of Michael J. Burke's father, for
            sure. M.J. graduated from Trinity. It's his father that supposedly
            graduated from Oxford.

            ~Carol

            >Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have records
            >for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...

          • Susan Patterson
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
              I misread your email and am sorry. Try Oxford though; his name might be John
              or Michael !
              > I don't understand. I don't know the name of Michael J. Burke's father,
              for
              > sure. M.J. graduated from Trinity. It's his father that supposedly
              > graduated from Oxford.
              >
              > ~Carol
              >

              > >Well you do now! Contact Eton and Oxford and ask them if they have
              records
              > >for that period and if so how can you get hold of them...

            • Carol VEIO/VIEAU
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                http://www.acpl.lib.in.us/genealogy/04irish.pdf
                Good morning Susan,

                I just found this great source for research that offers instructions and
                suggestions. I printed out the pages for future use. I can access PERSI
                though the college in this town.

                The article gives Research Guides, Gazetteers & Maps, Passenger Lists &
                Emigration Records, Census & Census Substitutes, Vital Records, Wills,
                Family Names & Heraldry, Periodicals, Audio Cassettes, and Other Sources for
                IRELAND! This is good. I'm going to try PERSI today.

                Carol
              • Maureen Aievoli
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                  Are you Carol Burke originally from Queens NY, and with two sisters, Maureen & Kathleen?
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                    Hi Maureen,

                    The answer to your question below is, "No." I've never been to New York.
                    Carol

[...]

                    Service.

                  • Susan Patterson
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 22, 2004
                      Go for it; I will be fascinated to hear if you find more about them !