!! Connaught Journal; July 22, 1824 "Galway Items"

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2004
      Galway, Thursday, July 22, 1824

      COUNTY OF GALWAY
      TO BE SOLD
      THE LANDS OF LYDICAN.
      Containing Forty Acres or thereabouts.- These lands are in good Heart, and
      enclosed by a Demesne Wall of Ten Feet, and beautifully Planted.- The Lands are
      out of Lease, and situated in the Demesne of Raheen, and within two miles of
      Gort and in the Barony of Kiltarton.
      Application as to Title, &c., to be made to John W. Browne, 16, Kildare
      street, Dublin.
      No preference is promised.
      July 22, 1824.
      _______________
      BARTHOLOMEW FYNN
      Takes leave to acquaint the inhabitants of Galway and its District that he
      has this day been appointed AGENT for the "ROYAL IRISH ASSURANCE COMPANY" of
      DUBLIN, in which capacity he hopes, by strict integrity and attention, to give
      general satisfaction.
      The inducements offered by this great Establishment and the moderation of
      their terms, the equity of their dealings, and the low rates of charges, which
      must give to the Assured, advantages equal, if not superior to what are offered
      by any similar Establishments in this Kingdom.
      Office Merchant's Road,
      July 22, 1824.
      Said FYNN will Let the HOUSE and MILL he now holds at Newtownsmith.
      _______________
      N. MACHLACHLAN
      Having, previous to leaving Galway, paid all Bills and Accounts that he
      knew of being due, requests that if he is justly owing Accounts to any Persons
      in Galway, that they will leave them at his former place of residence, with Mr.
      John Kelly, to be forwarded to him.--Galway, July 22, 1824.
      _______________
      NOTICE
      County of the Town of Galway to wit.
      TAKE NOTICE that I have surrendered myself to the Sheriff of the County of
      the Town of Galway, and that I am confined a prisoner in the body of the prison
      for the said County, and that I intend to abide my trail at the next Assizes for
      the said County, for the alleged Murder of THOMAS REGAN, of which all persons
      concerned are hereby desired to take notice.-Dated and given under my hand this
      21st day of July, 1822. [1824]
      his
      JAMES x CULLEN
      mark.
      Present, read and explained to the said James Cullen.
      To Anne Regan, the mother of the said Thos. Regan, deceased, and all others
      whom it may concern.
      JAMES M'DERMOTT,
      Gaoler for said County.