Re: [IrelandOldNews] Seeking army desertion notices 1770-1785

  • Rhonda Jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2004
      Hi Don,

      I have seen on microfilm numerous notices of this sort. God knows when I could get round to looking them up, though. Hurricane Ivan did a number on us (not nearly as bad as some, though), even here in Birmingham, Alabama. I most regret having overlooked an entire box of genealogical research that got soaked and is beginning to mold -- just discovered this last night. Have to try to save each page, and quickly.

      Are you doing some sort of project with a deadline? A book, perhaps? Sounds interesting! I'll try to transcribe some for you when I can. You may email me privately, if you like.

      Meanwhile, if you come across any notices for BLAKENEY (or variations) or BRADDY, please contact me!

      Rhonda