Lisnaskea

  • maureen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2004
      Does anybody know if there are any old news papers from the Lisnaskea, Co Fermanagh area that are on line please. Or are there any on fiche or film that I could read. I live in Australia so cant get to records in Ireland. Thankyou.
      Maureen

    • Records
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2004
        These are the Fermanagh newspapers held by the Brirish Library Newspaper
        Library in London - nothing specific for Lisnaskea but it was probably not
        large enough to have its own newspaper - though you don't mention any dates
        http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/newspapers/
        I don't research in this area but I doubt if any are on line, although you
        could try a Google search for a newspaper that was published in the dates
        you are interested in.

        I did read that lottery funding had been obtained to film or digitise some
        papers- the website is apparently down at the moment so I don't know if that
        is still ongoing.

        Rachel Dysart

        Search results
        Search for: fermanagh with sort by title

        Date ranges show the earliest and latest copies held, but this does
        not necessarily mean that we hold all intervening copies. Click on the title
        for its full details.

        Results 1 - 20 of 20

        ----
        Argus, Monaghan, Armagh, Cavan, Fermanagh, Louth, Meath & Tyrone
        Advertiser (The)

        Monaghan; Co. Monaghan; Ireland
        1875-1881
        Enniskillen Advertiser, and North-Western Counties Gazette

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1864-1876
        Enniskillen Chronicle and Erne Packet

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1813-1849
        Enniskillen Gazette and Commercial Advertiser (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1854-1854
        Enniskillen Press and Northern Advertiser (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1907-1907
        Enniskillen Sentinel (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1877-1877
        Enniskillen Watchman, and Northern Advertiser (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1848-1848
        Enniskillener; or, Fermanagh Constitution (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1830-1840
        Fermanagh Herald, etc. (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1903 to date
        Fermanagh Mail, and Enniskillen Chronicle (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1849-1893
        Fermanagh News

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1970 to date
        Fermanagh News and Ennniskillen Press

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1907-1920
        Fermanagh News and West Ulster Observer

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1968-1970
        Fermanagh News, and Cavan, Leitrim, Monaghan & South Tyrone Advertiser
        (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1896-1907
        Fermanagh Sentinel, and North-West Advertiser (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1854-1855
        Fermanagh Times (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1880-1949
        Impartial Reporter, etc. (The)

        Enniskillen; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1825 to date
        Newtownbutler Herald (The)

        Newtownbutler; Co. Fermanagh; Ireland
        1897-1897
        People's Advocate and Monaghan, Fermanagh, and Tyrone News (The)

        Monaghan; Co. Monaghan; Ireland
        1876-1906
        Weekly Chronicle, Monaghan, Cavan, and Fermanagh Advertiser (The)

        Clones; Co. Monaghan; Ireland
        1883-1883