Re: [IrelandOldNews] !! Ballina Chronicle; Nov 21, 1849 "Mayo Items"

  • Rhonda Jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2004
      "...why, we ask, in the name of common sense and justice is not some attempt made to bring out the able-bodied paupers from their snug corners in the workhouse and make them work a little for the food and comfort they are enjoying at the expense of the rate payers?"

      Oh my word, were they being sarcastic? I hope...?

      Thanks for the transcripts, Cathy. They are fascinating!

      Rhonda