Newbie

  • allannah
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2004
      I am trying to find ANY information on my mother-in-law's grandfather named Allan (Ormsby) RALPH. He was born in Sligo from 1819-1829ish nearest reckoning. His father was John (Ormsby) RALPH either a major in the British Army or a shopkeeper. John Ormsby RALPH had died by the time Allan matriculated from the Royal School Dungannon at age 19. Allan went on to Trinity College Dublin where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in the spring of 1851. This information from 'Alumni Dublinensis'.
      I have been in touch with the Royal School Dungannon and unfortunately their student records do not go back that far.
      Where to turn to next?
      John (Ormsby) Ralph's wife was Mary nee Stuart according to his marriage certificate in Melbourne Victoria Australia 1865.
      Is there some way that I can find the death of John (Ormsby) Ralph before 1845?
      Any help very much appreciated.
      Allannah Wooloughan