!! Connaught Journal; Apr 29, 1824 "Deaths"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2004
      THE CONNAUGHT JOURNAL
      Galway, Thursday, April 29, 1824

      DEATHS
      In Ennis, on Friday evening, aged 31, after a most tedious and painful
      illness, Frances, wife of Nicholas Purcell O'Gorman, Esq. Her loss has plunged
      the entire family, of which she at once constituted the pride and ornament, in
      the deepest affliction.
      At Mount Merrion, County Dublin, on Thursday the 15th instant, Eliza,
      second daughter of William Murphy, Esq., aged 17 years, sincerely regretted by
      all who knew her.
      At Genoa, on the 29th ultimo, Charlotte, wife of Major-General Joseph
      Gubbins, in the 41st year of her age.
      At Nenagh, in the County Tipperary, on Sunday morning, the Rev. Thomas
      O'Meara, sincerely regretted by his very respectable connections in that County.
      This Gentleman had for several years been Chaplain to his present Majesty and we
      learn from authority we cannot doubt he in his last moments embraced the
      Catholic Religion.-Limerick Evening Post.
      On Monday last, suddenly in Athlone, Mr. Armstrong.- He held a situation in
      one of the distilleries in that town. His death was caused by the bursting of a
      blood-vessel, occasioned by over-exertion in walking at rather a quick rate to
      overtake some friends, and on coming up with them, dropped down and immediately
      expired.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2004
        THE CONNAUGHT JOURNAL
        Galway, Thursday, April 29, 1824

        DEATHS
        We frequently had occasion to perform the painful and melancholy duty of
        recording the deaths of many valuable members of society; but in no instance
        have we felt such unfeigned regret as in announcing the dissolution of the
        amiable and accomplished Mrs. Persse, wife of Burton Persse, jun. Esq, and
        daughter of Colonel Eyre, of Eyrecourt-castle, which took place on Tuesday
        evening the 27th instant, at the seat of her husband, at Persse lodge, in the
        County of Galway. The premature and unexpected death of this interesting and
        lovely woman, after a few days indisposition, is a subject of universal regret
        to the wide and extended circle of her acquaintances, but more particularly to a
        fond and tender husband.- She has left a young and interesting offspring to
        lament the death of a kind and indulgent parent. To her Tenantry (to whom she
        dispensed every comfort) she is a subject of deep regret. In this Lady were
        associated all those virtues which eminently endeared her to all who had the
        pleasure of her acquaintance. We could dwell considerably longer on this painful
        subject, but all we could say would render but imperfect justice to her merits
        and her worth.
        At the Mail Coach Hotel, on Tuesday morning, much and deservedly regretted,
        after a tedious indisposition, which he endured with the patience of a pious
        Christian, Michael Eylward, Esq.- a more pleasing or inoffensive Gentleman could
        not have been found in Society, or a man possessed of greater honor or more
        strict integrity in his intercourse through life.