!! Ballina Chronicle; Oct 31, 1849 "Deaths"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2004
      Wednesday, Oct 31, 1849

      SUDDEN DEATH- Private Walter Crawford, 92d Highlanders, was found dead in
      his bed in the Infantry Barracks, Clonmel, on Tuesday morning. The deceased was
      out on picquet the previous night in his usual health. An inquest was held on
      the body of the above day before Thomas Clayton, Esq. and a verdict of "died by
      the visitation of God" returned. The deceased was, twenty-two years in the
      service, and was subject to an effusion of blood in the region of the heart.

      AWFULLY SUDDEN DEATH- It is out painful duty to announce the awfully sudden
      death of Francis Burke, Esq., of Templeogue House, near Dublin, and formerly of
      Galway-which event took place on the afternoon of Monday last at Clare View
      (Salt Hill) where the lamented gentleman had been sojourning. Mr. Burke was
      connected with the erection of our college, now so nearly brought to completion.
      An inquest is now sitting to ascertain the cause of death, the result of which
      had not reached us as we went to press.- Galway Vindicator.