Seeking obit, 1915 Roscommon Herald

  • Sonja Harding
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2004
      Hello
      This is my first submission, so I hope I do not breach any netiquette in my effort.

      A trip to Co. Roscommon in 2001 with the hopes of retrieving this obit proved unsuccessful because of a fire at the Heraldworks in the 1960s. Anyone with access to archived editions of the Roscommon Herald from 1915 is graciously requested to look for a specific obit. We currently have a copy but it is a photocopy many generations removed from the original.

      The item I am looking for is titled Death of a Roscommon Sportsman. The Roscommon Sportsman to which the obit title refers is John Alexander McWilliam of Rushfield, Boyle. I have no information concerning a specific date, but I do have a scanned and barely legible electronic copy I would gladly provide to anyone willing to look for me.

      Alternately, I am happy to look myself if anyone has any suggestions on where I might find an archive for this paper. I live in Ottawa Canada if that helps.

      Thanks for taking the time to read this
      Sonja Harding