!! Connaught Journal; Feb 26, 1824 "Galway"

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
      Galway, Thursday, February 26, 1824

      DIED
      This morning, in Mary-street, Newtownsmith, of a lingering illness, which
      he bore with true christian fortitude and patience, Edward Blake, Esq. for many
      years one of the Magistrates of this Town, and the first Roman Catholic in
      Ireland who received the Commission of the Peace- it would be a useless task to
      enumerate the many virtues- the unbounded hospitality- the pure Christian
      charity which adorned the life of this excellent man, and rendered him a useful
      member of society. They will, however, live after him; and the poor, in whom his
      death will be a severe loss; and the opulent with whom his memory will be
      cherished, will raise for him in their breast a fir and splendid monument, "ere
      premius."

      NOTICE
      I HEREBY CAUTION THE PUBLIC not to CREDIT any of the Sailors belonging to
      the Brig Firm of Kirealdy, as I will not be accountable for any Debts they may
      Contract.
      Given under my hand at Galway, this 26th day of February, 1824.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      TO BE LET
      From the 25th of March
      For such Term as may be agreed upon,
      A NEW HOUSE AND OFFICES.
      On the College Road, within a few perches of Meyrick's-square, consisting
      of two Parlours, five Bed rooms, Kitchen, Larder, and Servants' room. There is a
      small Garden, and a Pump in the Yard.
      Applications to be made to Mr. M'Donnell, who resides in the adjoining
      House.
      Galway, February 26, 1824.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      FRESH GARDEN SEEDS
      Just Arrived to
      MICHAEL CREAN
      At the Corner of Maunsell's-square,
      Direct from London, per the Richard and Anne, Captain Hart, Master,
      A General Assortment of
      GARDEN AND FARMING SEEDS
      With a Variety of
      FLOWER AND BIRD SEEDS,
      Which will be sold on the most reasonable Terms.
      Galway, Feb 20, 1824

    • Mms1935@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        unsubscribe