!! Freeman Journal; Oct 15, 1763

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2003
      Freeman Journal
      Dublin, Ireland
      October 15, 1763

      Extract from a private Letter from Feathard, dated Oct. 7
      "We have dismal Accounts from several Parts of the great Damage done by
      last Sunday's Inundation: The bridge at Ballyneclohy, betwixt this Town and
      Callan, is tumbled down; the Bridge at Callan is broke down, together with
      several Houses, a Brewery and Tan-yard. From Birr we have an Account of 29
      Person drowned there. We have several other melancholy Accounts, too tedious to
      trouble you with.
      "I forgot mentioning above, an extraordinary Event which happed at Callan:
      A Child who lay in a Cradel, was carried away by the Waters and left on an
      Island at some Distance from the Town, and found there next Morning, fast
      asleep, having received no Hurt."

      Limerick, Oct. 10. It is with great Pleasure we can inform the public, that
      we have heard of but little Damage done in or about this City or the
      neighbouring Counties by the late violent Storms and great Floods, except for
      some Hay and a few Cattle that have been lost on some low Grounds.

      Saturday died at Meelick, much regretted, Mrs. Worge, Wife of Col. John
      Worge.
      This Morning died Miss Margaret Corbet, Daughter of the late Captain Josiah
      Corbet, who is greatly lamented by all that knew her for her many amiable
      Qualities.
      DEATHS. A few Days ago, in Castle-market, Mr. Armor Brooks, an eminent
      Copper-Plate Printer- On Temple-bar, after a tedious illness, Mrs. Eleanor Boyd,
      Wife of Mr. And. Boyd, Grocer.- The Wife of Mr. Thomas Connolly, Grocer, in
      Aungier-street.