!! Freeman Journal; Oct 11, 1763

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2003
      Freeman Journal
      Dublin, Ireland
      October 11, 1763

      We hear that the Manufacture of Damask Table Linnen formerly carried on by
      Mr. Gilbert Austin in Drogheda, is now carried on in the most extensive Manner
      by his Son, Mr Samuel Austin; and that there are considerable Quantities of
      several Sorts of superfine and other Damask Table Linnen, finished by him in the
      most elegant Manner for Sale; now in the Hands of Mr Hugh Henry Merchant in
      Jervais-Street.
      Last Week died on the North Strand, Miss Margaret Duff, Daughter of Mr.
      Michael Duff.
      6th. The general Quarter Sessions for the County of Dublin began at
      Kilmainham, and adjourned again to Thursday the 26th inst.
      8th. The Right Hon. the Lord Mayor, attended by the City Officers, seized a
      considerable Quantity of Provisions of different Kinds in the several Markets;
      pat of which being unfit for Use, he caused to be burned on Ormond-Quay, and the
      Remainder distributed to confined Debtors and other indigent Persons.
      At Night a Stack of Chimnies, belonging to an old House in Kevan-Street,
      was blown down, and forcing thro' the Roof beat down the Floors, and endangered
      the Lives of some poor People that were Inhabitants.
      Last Friday Night, died at her Mother's in Britain-Street, Miss Elizabeth
      Renouard, eldest Daughter of the late Colonel Renouard, a valiant Commander and
      a virtuous man.
      Yesterday being Quarter Day of the Guild of Merchants, an Election was made
      at Guildhall for a Common Council Man, for said Corporation, in the Room of
      William Bryan, Esq; one of our present Sheriffs, when at the Close of the Poll,
      the Ballot stood thus:
      For James Jones, 131
      Mr. Sewell Gray, 70
      Mr. James Hodson, 40
      Mr. James Every, who had declined standing as a Candidate, 61